turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 setup

Started by strut-stopper, December 31, 2012, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut-stopper

Ok guys I'm gonna be setting up my 835 for a strictly turkey only gun. My plan is to put a ATI talon tactical stock and either a ff3 or mueller qs. Was wondering if anyone has a setup similar and how well the optics work with the tactical stock.  Are you still able to get your head down on the stock and see the sight or do you have to take a more heads up kind of approach to use this set up. Thanks    Steven

dirt road ninja

:welcomeOG:

Your head is going to be up slightly higher than with iron sights.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: strut-stopper on December 31, 2012, 05:09:32 PM
Ok guys I'm gonna be setting up my 835 for a strictly turkey only gun. My plan is to put a ATI talon tactical stock and either a ff3 or mueller qs. Was wondering if anyone has a setup similar and how well the optics work with the tactical stock.  Are you still able to get your head down on the stock and see the sight or do you have to take a more heads up kind of approach to use this set up. Thanks    Steven

Hey Steve,

First of all, welcome to OG. We're glad you're here and look forward to getting to know you better.

I have put the ATI Talon Tactical stock on 2 different shotguns, a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 870 and was able to align my eye with the sights very easily. I have not put one on my 835 but would think it would work equally well.

Great stocks by the way.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

strut-stopper

Thanks for the replys. I've learned a lot lurking around here and look forward to posting up some pics later on

chatterbox

I love the tactical stocks, especially on turkey guns. The only problem I have found with the Mossbergs, is the top tang safety. It is hard for me to reach over the top to engage the safety with little movement.