turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jerry Zebro box call

Started by goldenhunter, December 27, 2012, 09:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenhunter

Was thinking about getting a box call from him with some Christmas money. Looks like I waited too late  :(

http://turkeymountain.homestead.com/BoxCalls.html

callmakerman

That's to bad as I have a friend who owns some of Jerry's calls and really likes them. I do understand how he's feeling as this hobby can take over your life at times having you burn the candle at both ends.

Spring Creek Calls

I can't get the link to open. Am I missing something?
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

VanHelden Game Calls

Foggy Holler Custom Calls
By Jerry Zebro
My contact info

As posted on his website for those unable to open.

Jerry Zebro
Box 48
Ridgeland, WI 54763

715-505-3324 Cell
715-949-1735 Home
foggyholler@Chibardun.net
I have decided to take a break from call making to spend more time with my family.  I have two young
girls a wife and 40+ hour per week job. I love building calls, but it sometimes seams my girls are growing up
behind my back.  I am committed to and will finish all outstanding orders I have at this time.  I will always build
calls but only in my spare time for now.  In the future I am considering rebuilding this website and adding a
shopping cart.  I will most likely sell calls as I get them done on here and possably ebay.
I hope that everyone understands and respects my decision.   Don't be afraid to give me a holler if you
have any questions or concerns.

Jerry Zebro
Foggy Holler Custom Calls

10/22/2012

Turkey Addict

Hello every one,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am not finished making calls. I Just need to slow down and take a break from it for a wile.   Being in the shop for hours after work during the week and most of my weekends has left me feeling like a stranger to my wife and two young girls.  There has been some friction one would expect within my marrage.  My wife is a HS band director and her job requires her to work nights with pep bands and concerts.  It is always quite an orchestration to coordinate both our schedules. In the end our two girls seem to get the short end of the stick.  Success in call building has its down sides.   I seems history has a way of repeating it self.  I can think of quite a few call makers that have gotten allot of recognition and then kind of fell off the map.  I don't plan on falling off the map.  The shop I built for making calls in has never been completely finished and there are some more pieces of equipmet I need to make things easier and faster that I would like to buy or build.  Also I have been wanting to build a finishing room with proper ventilation to apply finish to my calls.  So when my girls are a little bigger and maybe even help, and I get my ducks all in a row I plan to get up and running at full steam again.  For now I am just trying to get caught up with the orders I have.   2012 was not the best year for me and I apologize to those who are still waiting for calls.  I am a man of my word and to those still waiting, those calls will get done.   A Dan Seals Country song comes to mind here Every thing that Glitters is not Gold.  One line in particular "with every thing gained there is something lost"  That seams to ring true to me.  Everyone I have talked to about this have been very supportive and that means the world to me.

Thanks
Jerry

Turkey Addict

One more thing. 

I have four Feild Grade calls done for Mr Jim Smith. I belive he hangs around here.  I have been unable to reach him by phone or email.  If any one can pass a message along to him that would be great. I am worried that some thing migt have happend to him.

Jerry

North of 8

I miss ya der man. Hope we get nto see each other fer to long. I certainly understand your situation. Family needs to come before many things. You had a tuff year and I feel fer ya.
Luv ya man,
Rod

goldenhunter

Selfishly I'm disappointed bc I've been eyeing a field grade short box for a while now. But I think most people will agree that u are doing the right thing. Family has to come first and this affliction of being a turkey hunter is just a hobby when it comes down to it. Maybe I'll pick one up from u down the road.