turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just bought Burris ffiii (don't have a mount) Plz help

Started by Onpoint, December 24, 2012, 11:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Hey I just got a ff3 off eBay. I was looking at it and there's no mount, no way to put it on a weaver base. I've had the holosight and still have a truglo, both have built in mount. This is my first experience with the Burris ff. I wanna get this on my shotgun plz help.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Onpoint

Also I read somewhere on here that somebody makes a protective cover for this sight to keep on while hunting. Im interested in one so if y'all can help me get this thing mounted on my 870 n get a protective cover for ut I'd really appreciate it. My computers down so I'm not on here alot cuz I gotta get on here from my phone and it's  a PITA. my emails go straight to my phone though. Justinragland_23@yahoo.com. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

chatterbox

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on December 24, 2012, 11:26:18 PM
Hey I just got a ff3 off eBay. I was looking at it and there's no mount, no way to put it on a weaver base. I've had the holosight and still have a truglo, both have built in mount. This is my first experience with the Burris ff. I wanna get this on my shotgun plz help.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Try this link:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-mount-fastfire.html

chatterbox

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on December 24, 2012, 11:32:42 PM
Also I read somewhere on here that somebody makes a protective cover for this sight to keep on while hunting. Im interested in one so if y'all can help me get this thing mounted on my 870 n get a protective cover for ut I'd really appreciate it. My computers down so I'm not on here alot cuz I gotta get on here from my phone and it's  a PITA. my emails go straight to my phone though. Justinragland_23@yahoo.com. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I'll send ya mine. PM me your address. Merry Christmas! :christmaswindow:

HoggleGobble

Quote from: chatterbox on December 25, 2012, 06:22:32 AM
Try this link:

will that fit th FF3? The man on chat w/ optics planet said it would not fit the 3?

chatterbox

Quote from: HoggleGobble on February 17, 2013, 04:35:11 PM
Try this link:

will that fit th FF3? The man on chat w/ optics planet said it would not fit the 3?
The part number number you need is 410333.

HoggleGobble

Quote from: chatterbox on February 17, 2013, 04:39:10 PM
Try this link:

Will I have to drill and tap any new holes?

chatterbox

Quote from: HoggleGobble on February 17, 2013, 04:59:06 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on February 17, 2013, 04:39:10 PM
Try this link:

Will I have to drill and tap any new holes?
I'm not sure, Dusty. I know the 336 base fits the Mossberg hole pattern, but I don't know how they line up with the SBE2's.

Skeeterbait

If you already have a weaver base on the gun then you need the fast fire weaver/picatinny mount.  It attaches to the base you have then the fast fire screws onto it.  If you use the guard then it fits between the fast fire and the mount.

whiskey

If you are planning to use the protector, it comes with a pic mount. Just order the protector, no other bases needed. You just need a rail to mount to.

mossyoak79

I'm planning on mounting a ffIII to my 870. Currently I have no way to mount. I was going to get it drilled and tapped with a weaver base. Should I still have that done or is there another base I should get drilled and tapped when looking to install a ffIII?

paladin

mossy oak I would use the marlin 336 base. It requires two holes and mounts to the gun. Then the sight mounts to the base. it is the lowest way to mount the sight.
"have gun-will travel"