turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New stuff

Started by dirt road ninja, December 18, 2012, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

This past year I've expanded my call inventory some, it's not quiet a collection, but getting there. Of the calls I really like the XT Mayhem, plus the green diaphragm and the yellow batwing from Motherlode Calls (don't know their names). I also picked up a nice box from him as well.  That's the call I've been playing with the most lately and it will be carried on days I wear a vest. I also acquired a few pot calls from a few folks, all of which I like. It's hard to say which pots will make it to the vest, but I can't carry all of them. Other purchases include a DSD feeding hen, picked up off the classifieds here. Plan on using it with my son. The most needed purchase was two new pairs of camo pants, my favorites are worn out and have so many holes in them, but I can't throw them out and I will open the season wearing them if they are still intact. Also, picked up a Ol'Tom vest on sale and it is leaps and bounds better than my old one. Davis9 had to tie my old one back together opening weekend last year.

I have been staying out of the call classifieds here, but looked at them Yesterday and bought another call. I'm weak and need help.

Turkeykiller12

I have to stay out of the classifieds also!  :TrainWreck1:

davisd9

Got a new shotgun, got a new choke for it, got some 20 ga Hevi 7s for it, go a new pot call, got a new box call, getting some treklite bottomland shirts, bought some XT Havoc and Mayhem mouth calls, got an Ol Tom Time and Motion Vest in bottomland, and getting another box sometime after Christmas and before the season starts.  No telling what I have forgot to mention and no telling what Christmas will bring. 

Dirt Road Ninja likes to get me in trouble by finding items for a good price or mentioning they are in the classifieds.   :TooFunny:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

I forgot I'm all but out of Hevi 13, need to stock up on 12 and 20 gauge shot. I'm good on 10 gauge shells. Last year I made a big order and spilt it with a friend. Sent all but a few shells down range at cardboard turkeys the rest were field tested on live birds. The good news is my guns are righteous and no further testing is need before the season.

JVA54

I bought a super elite III turkey vest, and I'm looking at red dot sight sights. I'm sure I need something else just can't think of it right now. :toothy9:

davisd9

Quote from: JVA54 on December 19, 2012, 08:06:48 PM

I bought a super elite III turkey vest, and I'm looking at red sight sights. I'm sure I need something else just can't think of it right now. :toothy9:

Trust me, you will think of it before to long!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bustabeak

I just recently saw a Benelli Super Vinci in Bottomland and it makes me want to sell everything I can find to get me one. But I'm just a sucker for anything in bottomland!

davisd9

Quote from: Bustabeak on December 21, 2012, 11:11:52 PM
I just recently saw a Benelli Super Vinci in Bottomland and it makes me want to sell everything I can find to get me one. But I'm just a sucker for anything in bottomland!

I was a big obsession pattern guy now I think bottomland is my favorite. It just blends in so well no matter where you hunt. Bought some treklite shirts in bottomland. After the season I am thinking about sending off my 20 vs 11-87 and have it dipped in bottomland.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

davisd9

I really need to go back to work.  Been sitting around and bored out of my mind.  Because I have been bored I have been spending money! Have bought a Stone Road Custom blasted anodized black aluminum pot call, 2 treklite shirts (bottomland and obsession), and 2 strikers from Spring Allure Custom Calls (purpleheart and zebrawood).