turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 12/13/2012

Started by Roostem33, December 13, 2012, 08:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

The greatest day of my life was the day that I asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart and forgive me of my sins. That was the day my eternal destiny literally was changed. That was the day I passed from a future in hell to a future in heaven. That was the day my life found new purpose and meaning, the day there was literally a shout that went up in heaven, because the Bible says there is rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents (see Luke 15:10). It was a great day—a red-letter day. It was the most important day of my life.

But there is another dynamic that took place that day. It also was the day the real spiritual war in my life began. It has been said of Christians that conversion makes our hearts a battlefield. On the day we make a commitment to Christ, a war begins. Prior to conversion, we are basically where the devil wants us to be: not walking according to God's plan. But when we put our faith in Christ and leave the devil's control, he wants to reel us back in. Thus the spiritual battle begins.

It is important for us to remember that becoming a Christian is not a process whereby we simply have our sins forgiven, our eternal destiny changed, and then merely go on our way. Rather, it is also the time when we are set free to do spiritual battle and to become channels by which others are set free.

This is a war, and you will be either a victim or a victor. Which one will you be? The choice is up to us.

Have a good week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

snoodlum

BOFF

Thank you Jody!!

Great Devotional!!

Our work and battles are not over.

May we tread forward with the Word of God upon our hearts and lips, and our actions glorifying  Him, and Him alone!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

What a battle it is.  Jesus lives, the victory's won!

misfire

It is a battle every day. I pray to God for guidance, wisdom and strength to face all of them
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net