turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TruGlo® Tru-Bead® Turkey Universal Sights

Started by davisd9, March 03, 2011, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Was wondering if anyone had used one and how they had to install it? I have a Remington 870 express 20 gauge. I know the bead is pressed in on the front, but my question is that some people are saying the bead needs to be pulled and then tapped with a 6-48 bottom tap while others are saying the bead can stay and will hold the front sight in place. Just curious to others experience and which is correct. Either is fine I just want to have an idea what I am going to have to do. Here is a link to the sight I am talking about. Thanks!

http://www.basspro.com/TruGlo-TruBead-Turkey-Universal-Sights/product/10200325/-1560873
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mmusso

I ust ordered one for my 870 express mag as well. If you get it figured out, please let me know. Mine should be here early next week, so if I figure it out first, I'll shoot you a PM.

davisd9

Thanks a million.  I got mine from Midway usa cause bass pro sent me an email saying they were out.  Just my luck since they had the best price, but I do not mind ordering from midway because they have good customer service.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mmusso

Ordered mine yesterday AM from cheaperthandirt and they just got here. Nice to have 24hr delivery turnaround time.   :happy0064:
I'll try and put these on tonight and will let you know how it goes.
Matt

mmusso

I just tried installing mine, and I could not get the stock bead off, so I swapped front sights with another gun that did have a tapped front bead, so I now have 2 mixed sets of sights if that makes sense. The front sight for this TruBead will fit over the stock bead, but it was not as tight as I would have liked it to be. I may try tapping the stock bead hole or drilling and tapping a new hole if I cannot get the swapped front sights to work. Let me know if you figure out an easier way.
Matt

davisd9

I decided to put the TruGlo on my backup 835.  I order a Williams that I will not have to take the front bead off.  Normally I would not care, but this was my first shotgun that I got 15 years ago from my parents so I do not want to do anything to change it much.  Planning on getting a new Remington 20 next year and I can just switch my stuff over to it.