OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jayden scores this morning!

Started by trkehunr93, November 14, 2012, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Took Jayden out this morning for a quick before school/work hunt and he dropped this nice doe at 6:55AM.  She didn't go far and I watched her topple over, we gave her 20 minutes before we climbed down to go get her.  She was an absolute cow, I am real proud of how he is developing as a young hunter.  Here is the pic!

dirt road ninja

trkehunr93

Forgot to mention the 3 nice gobblers that crossed in front of us on our way home.  Got my blood pumping again! ;D

JVA54

davisd9

My goodness she looks like a hoss of a doe.  Good shooting by the little Spur Collector!  Looks like she was a heck of a drag out. 

I am losing interest in deer hunting already and we have another month and a half to go.  Ready to be chasing longbeards!  Hope to pattern my new 20 over thanksgiving break.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Quote from: davisd9 on November 14, 2012, 09:59:31 PM
My goodness she looks like a hoss of a doe.  Good shooting by the little Spur Collector!  Looks like she was a heck of a drag out. 

I am losing interest in deer hunting already and we have another month and a half to go.  Ready to be chasing longbeards!  Hope to pattern my new 20 over thanksgiving break.

Fortunately for us she ran uphill before she died.  to the left of them is the driveway out and it was only about a 25 yard drag up to it, granted she was quite heavy.  When we "tracked" her, I did make Jayden follow the blood trail even though I knew about where she was laying, Jayden actually spotted her first and when I looked over I fully expected to see antlers, she was a beast.  We actually have killed alot of large mature doe's off of this property.  they just seem to grow big on this mountain.  Back out tomorrow morning to get another one for him.