OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Look What We Saw In My Back Field

Started by ctwny1, October 23, 2012, 08:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

This past weekend the NYSOWA held their yearly meetings in Niagara Falls. I had Outdoor Writers here on my place bow hunting. One writer by the name of Dan Ladd from the Catskills area saw and took this photo of a pieball 4 point buck. I myself have never seen this buck here. Pretty cool isn't it!

Picture by Dan Ladd

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Eric Gregg

I killed a doe that was a pieball but she wasn't that white.....that is cool :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

redarrow

Thats cool. Seen one last week while bow hunting. Hope it comes closer next time.

BowBendr

That is one beautiful deer. Cool pic.  :icon_thumright:

Hognutz

They sure are neat looking deer. Nice to have one so close to home to admire.. For a while, at least..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Hawkfarm

That is really neat.  I'd be burning up a camera trying to get as many pictures as I could. 

FANMAN

What an awesome little buck,very neat...His tail sure looks longer than normal,must just be because of his color.

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

dirt road ninja

Crappiepro

Great pic! Very rare to see one in person! That photo and being there would be a trophy to me!!

wvbirdtracker

Pretty cool... I had a piball doe hanging around a few years ago, haven't seen her since. I'm sure someone laid the hammer down on her. Would be nice to have this one last a little longer to get a bit bigger, also the tail is another characteristics of pieballs. I have heard that this is due to imbreeding but have nothing to prove this.

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!