News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wolff Springs

Started by Old Gobbler, October 22, 2012, 11:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Guys just sharing some info on how to upgrade your shotguns springs

My waterfowling firearm of choice is my fathers1987 model Remington 1187 , it has served me well,  shoots good,  and is very sentimental to me . Recently I have added a Pure Gold. 715 black cloud choke,  a synthetic stock and forearm I got a great deal on in the OG classifieds,  and a awesome aluminum follower that Clark Bush lined me up with

It has had a Dura-Bake grey camo finish to best suit my layout boat open water hunting

The gun after 25 years of service started to have cycling issues so I just replaced  the action spring and the mag spring with a set of Wolff extra power springs , they can be reached at 610 359 9600 , the set plus shipping are about $20 ! I will take it to the range and let you all know how they worked out

I provided some comparison pictures of the old smaller springs,  and the newer,  longer more robust springs

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

allaboutshooting

Those springs have a great reputation. It will be good to hear how they work for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Old Gobbler

Those upgrades- Wolf Springs , Clarks follower etc... totally rejuvenated my 25 year old Remington 1187 - Not a single hiccup

The gun shot like it was new again,  I'm not sure if it was in my head, but it felt like it kicked less with the extra power action spring installed 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

savduck

EXCELLENT.

Look at those bald plates.
Georgia Boy

allaboutshooting

That's good to hear Shannon. Wolff springs are used by some of the top gun customizers and I've heard nothing but good about them.

I replaced the action spring in my SBE a few years ago with a stronger stainless one and it made a very noticeable difference in the speed of the action.

Springs are one of those things that get little attention many times but just like any other part and more so than some, can fatigue over time.

Glad it all worked so well for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."