turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Advice......

Started by tomstopper, October 22, 2012, 07:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Just curious what kind of bows you all shoot and how you like them. My wife asked me what kind of bow I wanted for Christmas & to be honest, I did not know. The one I have now is a PSE and its the second one that I have owned & has worked great. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

guesswho

Now days any name brand bow seems to be a pretty good one.  Mathews, Hoyt, Bow Tech ect.  I've shot several and would be happy with any of them.  If I were you I'd go to the local archery shop and handle several different ones then decide which felt like the best.   Good luck.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stone road turkey calls

Guesswho is right, go shoot some and buy the one you like. I do like PSE it's the only bow i have ever used, and now i use a PSE crossbow. good luck
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

870FaceLift

I'm on my third PSE (it's an Axe 7) and love it.  I just put on some new strings and can't see letting go of it for a while.  I bought the bow two or three years ago and when I did, I tried all the major brands.  For me, I just couldn't get used to the wider grip of the Hoyt and Mathews.  PSE just feels better to me.  I think it is all personal preference these days, as all the major brands are producing some pretty nice stuff.
Pass it on...