OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

6 fall birds this year

Started by reflexl, October 03, 2012, 06:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Lincoln Co is going to allow 6 birds either sex on the fall turkey hunt. While I won't shoot 6 I like having the oppertunity. reflex264

vaturkey

Vaturkey

captin_hook

Geez, that seems like a lot. We only get 1 in PA.

tomstopper

Quote from: captin_hook on October 03, 2012, 11:14:18 PM
Geez, that seems like a lot. We only get 1 in PA.
Same here in NY. This year I have a land owner who wants me to hunt the ones on his property and said he would put his tag on one so I could possibly take two. He said they wont leave his bird feeders alone. The offer sounds tempting.

reflexl

Lincoln County TN. Right on the bama line. reflex264

Turkey Beard

You can take 4 in MO. 2 w/bow, 2 w/shotgun.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

gotcha

Seems like a very liberal limit seeing how this is the first fall season there.Is that 6 per season or spring/fall combined?

reflexl

6 during the fall and 4 in spring. Bearded only in spring. reflex264

tomstopper

Quote from: reflexl on October 05, 2012, 10:55:11 AM
6 during the fall and 4 in spring. Bearded only in spring. reflex264
Wow that is a lot of birds. Is the turkey populations in your area really that strong? IMO I would try to limit myself to maybe 2 or 3 at the max.

reflexl

We have a strong turkey population here and one of the best hatches that I can remember.

We actualy had a fall season last year but if I remember correctly the limit was 3 either sex. reflexl

Rockhound

The limit varies by county, like i live in Lawrence co. Tn, and we can only kill 3. Last year we could kill 6. The thing about TN fall hunts is, i can kill 3 in my county then ride over to Lincoln and kill 6, then ride to maury county and kill 6 more. The opportunity doesnt end. And tennessee has had a fall Turkey season for at least 8 or 9 years, maybe more

Skeeterbait

Sounds like a pain to keep up with.  There are a lot of miles of county lines in a state.

FireDoc

Unlimited tags on Private Land here in Michigan.  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Fatbeard

Several TN counties have 6 birds! Ours has 2 but we hunt in most surrounding counties and have a chance to get 17 birds in the 13 day period! Good luck to ya!
East TN Beard Buster

Neill_Prater

Sorry, I don't live in Tennessee, and have never had the privilege of hunting there, but, for the life of me, I can't understand the logic behind having such a liberal season, especially when it is county by county, with no overall state limit. We have a good population of birds here in MO as well. Not as many as in years past, due largely to some poor hatches and nesting conditions over a several year period, but our total legal yearly limit is only 6 birds, 2 in the spring, and as someone else noted, two in fall firearms, and two in archery season.