Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 09/28/2012 "The pencil sized hole leads to a BIG mistake!!!"

Started by BOFF, September 28, 2012, 07:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

This last week I was blessed to go on a hunting trip with my father. We had a great time, and made some wonderful memories. However, I ended up getting my lower leg punctured to the bone. About pencil sized in the hole, it rather scared me, but it never really hurt. I immediately prayed over the injury, cleaned up around it, and patched it up. Within 20 minutes, I was up and walking around. There was minimal pain, other than the bone was really sore where it was hit, and I finished the trip without difficulty.

I debated on telling my wife until I got home, figuring she would worry and had enough on her plate taking care of things by herself. I found out this was a BIG mistake when I got home. I realize after pondering and reflecting on my decision of not telling her, how it hurt her, and how she wants to know everything which goes on in her husband's life. I apologized to her last night, and things are fine now.

However, I also was thinking about how our Father, Jesus, though He knows all, wants us to come to him in prayer about everything which is a concern to us. I also thought about how I immediately went to Him in prayer in communication, but didn't do so with my spouse, who He Blessed me with in my life.

I encourage you, no matter how small or how irrelevant you think things are, to carry them to your Father. He may not give you the answers you think you want, but he will supply you with what you need. I also encourage you, like I needed to with my wife, to repent to Jesus, when we do the wrong things. Much to our surprise, our initial thoughts about what what needs to be done, can be a BIG mistake!! 

Psalm 116:1-2 (NIV)

1 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
    he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
    I will call on him as long as I live.

Heavenly Father,

We praise You for who You are, and thank You for the Salvation we have in Jesus. Thank You for the time spent with my earthly father, and keeping us safe. Thank you for my brothers and sisters here on Old Gobbler.

Help us to make the most of this new day, to Your glory. May our hearts and actions be in line with Your will. May the Holy Spirit lead, guide, and direct our steps, and thoughts. May we carry Your word in our hearts, and may it come forth to all we meet, proclaiming salvation in Christ!!

Thank You for the many Blessings we have, and may we remember to be on guard, as the hour is unknown to Your return.

For it is in Jesus precious and holy name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

snoodlum

Thank you , brother , for the devotional and especially the prayer . The Word says that the prayer of the righteous avails much.  I feel in my spirit that your prayer qualifies as such ! May God bless you and yours . Amen  :cross2:

vaturkey

Vaturkey