OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Reintroduced a friend to shooting.

Started by allaboutshooting, September 15, 2012, 09:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Some days are just better than others. Yesterday was one of those great days when I was able to reintroduce a friend to shooting. He and his wife have become great friends of ours. They are the kind of folks who will literally do anything to be of help at any time. They are well known in the community for doing good works.

Yesterday I invited my friend to come to my range and shoot some. He was very eager but told me it had been a while since he'd shot any type of long gun. I knew that he had shot and from what I'd been told, shot handguns very well but it had been about 10 years since he'd had any long gun in his hands.

He wanted to try still target shooting at the Southern Illinois Classic next weekend, so we set up some paper targets and I loaned him an 11-87 that's a real shooter.

He took to it like he'd been doing it all his life. In just a couple of shots, he was pounding pellets into the 3" circle with regularity. He had a great time and so did I, though I did not fire a shot. It was just great watching someone who had shot years ago rediscover the joy of putting shot down range. What a great day.

He wants to come back next week and practice some more before the shoot on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does but even more importantly, I'm looking forward to the smile on his face when he pulls that trigger.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

3" 870 Shell Shucker