Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 09/07/2012 "Selflessness and Unity, for the glory of Christ"

Started by BOFF, September 07, 2012, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

I'm sorry I can not put the devotional in words tonight, which convey my thoughts. I have attempted to write, delete, and started over again, several times. I will go with the scripture I have been studying, and let God's word speak for itself.

Philippians 2:1-11 (MSG)

2 1-4 If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

5-8 Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion.

9-11 Because of that obedience, God lifted him high and honored him far beyond anyone or anything, ever, so that all created beings in heaven and on earth—even those long ago dead and buried—will bow in worship before this Jesus Christ, and call out in praise that he is the Master of all, to the glorious honor of God the Father.

I love verses 5-8, they really puts things into perspective, speaking to me every time I read them.

He did it for me, and he did it for you. Have you accepted his loving gift?

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of my pride, the selfishness, and lack of humility I have on a daily basis. Thank you for your word, which speaks for itself. Thank you for taking our places on the cross, and setting us free. May those who do not know You, be touched with your love and mercy, and accept you as their Savior.

Thank you Father, for it is in Jesus name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thank you, David.  Each day is a struggle to place others and their needs ahead of me and mine.  Only in Christ is it possible to break this sin.

snoodlum

Brother, you just preached the greatest message of all! The Good News , the Gospel of Jesus Christ ! I pray if there is one that reads it that has not accepted God's free gift, that feels that gentle tugging at his heart, that he will open the door and let Him in .  Thank you .

Eric Gregg

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer