OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mesquite turkey call set for NWTF banquet

Started by gobblerhunter, September 05, 2012, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerhunter

This is a four call set of mesquite turkey and locator calls made for Harris County Wildlife Group chapter of NWTF.  The set consists of a pot call, trumpet call, a crow call and a owl hooter.  The pot call is glass over slate with a Rio turkey feather mounted on the slate soundboard.  As you can see, the call was made from a beautiful piece of mesquite.  Call sounds as good as it looks.  Also included was a mesquite, one piece striker.

Trumpet has a black, acrylic mouth piece with a mesquite lip stop and included a leather lanyard with matching mesquite stop.  Trumpet is brother to a previously posted call.  Great clucks and yelps.

Owl hooter is completely custom with reed assembly made out of matching mesquite.  Call sounds best with exhaust end bellowed with both hands.  Goes from a high to medium pitch.  Sounds pretty good.

Trumpet, crow and owl hooter come with leather lanyards and matching mesquite call stops.  All three calls were turned from the same piece of mesquite.  Great sounding set of calls.

I meet a local bowl/furniture maker that uses mesquite exclusively and he got me started in working with mesquite.  With a little patience, mesquite can be turned and finished beautifully.  The problem is getting good figured mesquite.

This is the first set of a five set group to be made in 2012.  Two of the sets will go to local NWTF and DU fall banquets.  The remaining two sets will be for sale.  I have enough figured mesquite to make four more pot calls.  If interested, please contact me.

Thanks for looking and may God bless you and your family.

Bill

captin_hook

barry

gobblerhunter

Barry

The set did rather well.  Ended up with an executive of The Mule Deer Federation.  I had made a mule deer business card holder and personalized turkey call for his banquet.  So he was familiar with my work.  When I get a chance, I will post those items.

Thanks for looking and your comment. 

Have a great day and may God Bless.

Bill

merocustomcalls

TarheelTurk

Great looking set !! Glad you were able to raise some money also
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey