Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

slamman

keep me up too date please OG my mom and dad live in the Villages.  Thank you

Old Gobbler

this is the 11 pm update ---little or no change

Of course these things are only remotely accurate about 48 hours out , and by that time the grocery stores and gas stations are striped bare

You can expect this storm to pick up some power as it passes through the Gulf of Mexico , if there is anything left of it as it pops out the other side of Cuba

-Shannon

CASH

The run on gas stations has already started in N. Florida and S. Alabama.  We're already helping bail out our terminal in Pensacola.  They've already begged me to come in and work tonight.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Old Gobbler

Best guess by a amateur ....me is that if it makes its way to the topside of the gulf we are looking at a 100+  mph storm

-Shannon

gotcha

My house is right between the lime green track and light blue track.

FANMAN

I would never wish bad weather on anyone....But if that rascal would track up to Illinois and rain a few days it would be a blessing.

magnoliagamecalls

Quote from: FANMAN on August 26, 2012, 11:42:27 AM
I would never wish bad weather on anyone....But if that rascal would track up to Illinois and rain a few days it would be a blessing.

Looks like we will be getting the ball of water. But like you I sure wish it would push up to Missouri. My hunting grounds is dry.

longspur

they were telling us we may get 10" here in NE Georgia. The projection has changed but I don't know if it will make a difference up here. Upper end of lake hartwell is a creek

Old Gobbler

It Looks like the Gulf regions of Louisiana ,Mississippi and Alabama may get a hammering .....100 mph storm on the way

1) Food -  stock up !!

2 ) Gas - stock up now , hoard the stuff up , it may be a long time before power comes back  

3) Ice - make your own ice blocks -- you have 2 days to freeze as much water as possible - milk jugs , roasting pans and such should be filled with ice cubes and placed in freezer - when the power goes out put the ice in you fridge to keep food cool -Cover the fridge with blankets if the power cuts out

4) BBQ - essential tool in cooking food - refill the BBQ gas tanks asap - hotdogs and hamburgers can feed you for cheap

5) Water - fill up the bath tub to use for whatever , seal the bathtub drain closed with melted candle wax - You can use the water to flush the toilet , if you loose water pressure - chlorine drops if needed to drink

it amazes me every time that people are in walmart and supermarkets fighting over water - turn the sink on , the water in most places is safe to drink

6) Be safe - dont drive at night - own a gun

-Shannon

Sherrell

Only one guarantee...when it is in the gulf of Mexico it is going to hit somewhere.

Hope it stays out of Pass A Loutre and doesn't kill the SAV's and ruin my waterfowlin.

captin_hook

Looks like its gonna be nasty for you fellas down south. Stay safe and keep em loaded.

barry

Quote from: captin_hook on August 26, 2012, 03:18:02 PM
Looks like its gonna be nasty for you fellas down south. Stay safe and keep em loaded.

x2

gotcha

It may get worse as it heads up into the Gulf but to be honest I was out in it all day yesterday preparing for it in worse weather than is here today.Why is it that the wind blows like this all the time out west{sd,wy,mt}and when it blows here it gets a name?Remember that the media has the same level of hype no matter the topic.I do have alot of respect for these storms but choose to check sites to rule out the "media factor".Hope it gets to the drought stricken midwest!

Tail Feathers

It's a pretty big storm, looks like I'll get some rain out of it.  I very close to where that western-most line.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!