turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unusual Sightings

Started by tomstopper, August 20, 2012, 10:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

This past weekend my wife & I took our young daughters to a water park called Camelbeach in Tannersville PA where they do skiing in the winter as well. We were at the top of a ride waiting our turn when I looked about 60yds up one of the slopes and seen 2 gobblers walking right in the middle of it. I got excited and my wife made the comment that we cant even go on a little vacation without me looking for turkeys. It just got me wondering where else people have spotted turkeys in unthinkable places?

dirt road ninja

Not sure if it's unthinkable, but I've seen plenty of birds in Disney World.

barry

I heard tell of someone seeing one in the back of Guesswhos truck...maybe his Mom killed it ;)

lonnie sneed jr.

It was dead on the road, but I seen one in the middle of Winston-Slam NC 2 years ago.

redarrow

I seen 14 of em down the road from my house. I didnt even know we had them in this county.

guesswho

Quote from: barry on August 20, 2012, 01:53:55 PM
I heard tell of someone seeing one in the back of Guesswhos truck...maybe his Mom killed it ;)
That is an odd place because I'm usually in my company car :laugh:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

Quote from: dirt road ninja on August 20, 2012, 11:29:05 AM
same here

barry

Quote from: guesswho on August 20, 2012, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: barry on August 20, 2012, 01:53:55 PM
That is an odd place because I'm usually in my company car :laugh:

I meant car!

Seriously, I did see a white pen raised turkey on the side of the road in the middle of the night while driving to North Carolina. Maybe it fell off the ButterBall truck!

Big Timber

Quote from: dirt road ninja on August 20, 2012, 11:29:05 AM

Have seen a lot of them there also.

strutnva

About amonth or so back in the middle of city limits of Knoxville, TN.  Caught me by suprise but may be normal.

SinGin

No turkeys, but my wife saw a couple of deer at Six Flags in the park in St. Louis Saturday

guesswho

Saw one setting on a power pole one time.    Also saw one on a small island one time, but he's no longer with us.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TurkeyLegg

Saw a flock of about 12-15 birds walking along railroad tracks in an industrial area in Buffalo, NY.  Saw them from a bridge on the New York State Thruway going over the tracks. 

Wingbone

Wasn't Disney World, but I saw a dead hen laying in the parking lot at the Orlando airport last year when I flew in to turkey hunt.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

mossy835

After an unsuccessful hunt on the way home in a no hunting area (private land) crossing the road in front of me three times!!!
:laugh: :laugh: