turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Has anyone tried the Franchi Affinity?

Started by MOStrutter, August 15, 2012, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOStrutter

Looking to get a Franchi Affinity for this upcoming waterfowl season but haven't heard much from the average guy about these guns.  I have read reviews from magazines and outdoor writers but most of them are in the back pocket of the gun companies. Hopefully soime of you have shot this particular gun.  Thanks!

BandedSpur

I have not handled one of those guns, but from what I have read, they would certainly not be my first choice for a waterfowl gun. They are very light, so recoil will be severe with fast waterfowl loads. I think the Affinity would make a fine upland gun where you do a lot more carrying than you do shooting. But I would like something a bit heavier for doves, waterfowl, clays, etc. where I am going to shoot a lot.

MOStrutter

Well I have thought about the recoil as well but I figured it couldn't be any more than a common pump shotgun I have always used for waterfowl.  Plus I have shot the Benelli M2 a lot and it basically seems like the same gun.  Its hard to find guns that fit a smaller framed guy and that are still a quality gun without spending $1500.  For instance the Beretta xtrema 2 just felt like I was throwing up a log when I shouldered it and the Stoeger 3500 feels similar.  Any other good options out there?