OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LET US PRAY....devotional 08/12/12

Started by pappy, August 12, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Why We Pray
God has called us into a "relationship" with Himself. Relationships require communication. Prayer is communication between a holy God and a beloved you and me. Throughout God's Word we're taught the significance and role of prayer.
Jeremiah 29: 12,13  "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." God knows us inside and out, this is without a doubt, He knows our needs before we ask, He knows that it is our nature to ask questions, to seek answers, therefore He has allowed an avenue to ask and that is PRAYER.  Our relationship with God, depends upon it, just like our personal relationship with each other, talking to each other and listening to each other, fuels these relationships.
God understands that we are often too weak to survive, we become wearied by all the weight we carry, so He says " Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." and this is accomplished through our prayers.  What better way is there to communicate with the Almighty and All-Knowing God then to kneel down and raise our voices through prayer? Take the time to pray, Praise Him for the opportunity, I know I do, pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

snoodlum

BOFF

Well written Jack!!

Thank you!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer