turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

don't leave your mount in the garage

Started by stone road turkey calls, August 04, 2012, 06:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stone road turkey calls

left this in the garage overnight, i don't close the door all the way so the cat can get in and out. something tore this thing up. guess i will put what's left on ebay, good legs,head,wings and foam body
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

captin_hook

Man that's a bummer. You should use it as a decoy now. Lol.

guesswho

I'd put it back in the garage tonight with a game-cam set on video pointed at it.  Might be pretty entertaining.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

handcannon

Quote from: captin_hook on August 04, 2012, 06:59:07 PM

I agree. If you sell it, it will probably be bought as a decoy anyhow. Is there any way that you can remove some of the loose feathers and just put a new fan on him? I think it would still probably be a nice mount.

stone road turkey calls

the sad thing about this is the one and only time i got my younger brother to go hunting with me we got this bird. he has recently passed away

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: handcannon on August 04, 2012, 07:57:11 PM
Quote from: captin_hook on August 04, 2012, 06:59:07 PM

I agree. If you sell it, it will probably be bought as a decoy anyhow. Is there any way that you can remove some of the loose feathers and just put a new fan on him? I think it would still probably be a nice mount.

i wish i could but the whole body (the feathers) are messed up can't see it in the pics

Hooksfan

I hate it for you that it had such sentimental value.  You mentioned leaving the door open for the cat to get in. That would be your culprit, IMO.

barry

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on August 04, 2012, 08:00:39 PM
the sad thing about this is the one and only time i got my younger brother to go hunting with me we got this bird. he has recently passed away

Maybe your taxidermist could repair it

slamman

Quote from: barry on August 05, 2012, 11:30:31 AM
Quote from: stone road turkey calls on August 04, 2012, 08:00:39 PM

Maybe your taxidermist could repair it

a lot of taxidermist have spare feathers, legs and bones one should be a able to fix it.

turkey slayer

Quote from: guesswho on August 04, 2012, 07:07:15 PM
I'd put it back in the garage tonight with a game-cam set on video pointed at it.  Might be pretty entertaining.
lol thats what im thinking!

GobbleNut

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I would guess that you could fix most of the problem yourself just by repositioning the tail fan and moving the feathers back into place on the rest of the body.  Certainly, a taxidermist could repair it for you fairly easily. 

Fatbeard

Your Taxedermist should be able to fix it! With all the centimental value it maybe worth fixing
East TN Beard Buster

stinkpickle

You need to call the Turtle Man.  Live Action!!!

fallsflight

From the pictures, that definitely looks like your taxi should be able to fix it.

Turkey Trot

How does the mount of the cat that destroyed the turkey look?  ;D ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter