OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box of Chestnut

Started by gobbler74, March 01, 2011, 11:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

As I cut an disgard chestnut while making blanks I get a rather good size pile of solid but "too small for blanks" American chestnut built up from time to time....then I got to thinking about the scratch box makers and the other stuff folks whip up in their hobby time...This box of wood is a medium flat rate and has some decent scraps in it..Good grain and truthfully NOT very wormy but too solid and pretty to just scrap just yet..It has a lot of life left in it instead of being thrown in the burn pile. I'm putting in a new shop after spring gobbler and the less I have to move the better..Their are a couple pieces big enough for 1 PIECE pots and plenty for several laminated pots . The rest would be suitable for box call end blocks and scratch boxes etc ....some of this is in the beam form came from a church that was built in my area 130 yrs ago..the log form pieces come from an old barn that was built 100 yrs ago from dead standing chestnut blight killed wood. If you want it $30 shipped tyd will get it headed your way priority mail. That'll just about cover shipping and gas to the PO.. ;)..paypal, money orders accepted. I will keep it under the wood rack for awhile to give you all time to think about it. pm or email me if you want it. 
Thanks
Jim

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"