turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Seeing spots - What say you? (pics)

Started by lightsoutcalls, July 30, 2012, 11:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

These pics are from my trail cameras last week.  They are taken at a mineral site I put out for deer... and such...  ;)  A week ago Saturday I dug a 20" deep hole (too many rocks to go deeper) and filled it with a 5 gallon bucket of corn.  Saturday (7/28) there was not a grain of corn to be found.  The post hole looked like a bomb went off and the ground around it was torn up. 

Here's the question... do you think the pigs in the first 2 pics are the same hog?  I just don't think the red LED lights could make the color variation so different.  If you think differently, please let me know.  If they are 2 different hogs, I'm almost 100% sure the darker spotted hog (3rd pic) is a boy...  (see last pic)

I dug another corn hole about 100 yards from this spot, as some pics showed the hogs coming and going from that direction.  In February I had repeated hits on the corn that are so big that you can actually see them on a google earth satelite photo. 

(Light colored spot on game trail at center of picture)

Hoping for sausage soon...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

jblackburn

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on July 30, 2012, 11:35:08 AM
I'm thinking the 1st & 3rd pic are of the same hog..... look close at it's markings....  Pic in the middle is of a different hog..... body marking are totally different... IMHO.

That's what I would say.  Can tell hog in 1st and 3rd pic is a boar, second might be a sow since it is with the smaller hog.  Just guessing, though.

looks like fresh pork to me! :fud: :fud: :fud:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

barry

I'm thinkin' 2 different hogs as well.
That last one is DEFINITELY a boar hog!!! You could make a purse outta that sack!

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: barry on July 30, 2012, 12:08:39 PM
That last one is DEFINITELY a boar hog!!! You could make a purse outta that sack!

The 1st and 3rd pics are the same hog for sure.  A head on shot shows a really nice swell in the middle of his snout... thinking big cutters.  I have another angle shot of the lighter colored spotted hog as well.  When you zoom in on the shot, he is a boar as well, with probably 3" cutters. 

Did you want me to save that sack for you if I get him?  I thought it was a sows ear that they made silk purses out of...  ;D  Wouldn't that make a unique wallet? Nah... I never have enough cash to fill something that size...

longspur

redarrow

I'm thinking the 1st & 3rd pic are of the same hog..... look close at it's markings....  Pic in the middle is of a different hog..... body marking are totally different... IMHO.

Thats how I see it too.

jblackburn

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on July 30, 2012, 12:51:58 PM

The 1st and 3rd pics are the same hog for sure.  A head on shot shows a really nice swell in the middle of his snout... thinking big cutters.  I have another angle shot of the lighter colored spotted hog as well.  When you zoom in on the shot, he is a boar as well, with probably 3" cutters.  

Did you want me to save that sack for you if I get him?  I thought it was a sows ear that they made silk purses out of...  ;D  Wouldn't that make a unique wallet? Nah... I never have enough cash to fill something that size...

You laugh, but they do make purses and candy dishes out of bull sacks!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Tail Feathers

My thoughts exactly.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

R AJ

Try some grape cool-aid and sugar in a hole. It will absorb deeper and attract hogs from afar. About 4 packs and a 5 lb sack of cheapest sugar should be the ticket.

barry

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on July 30, 2012, 12:51:58 PM

Did you want me to save that sack for you if I get him?  I thought it was a sows ear that they made silk purses out of...  ;D  Wouldn't that make a unique wallet? Nah... I never have enough cash to fill something that size...

Even better would be a diaphragm case for one of your "good friends"

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: barry on July 31, 2012, 11:30:28 AM
Even better would be a diaphragm case for one of your "good friends"

EWWWWWWWW!

Clif Owen

Don't give the man ideas!! He might start building pouches for his other calls out of them..and I have no desire for one.

turkey slayer

Man i would love to get some dogs on those hogs!

lightsoutcalls

Grrrrr.  They ate 40 lbs of corn in 4 days.  There were 270+ pics on the trail camera, but they had eaten all of the corn before I got there.  I rebaited this afternoon.  Digging a 24" deep post hole in dry clay ground is not fun in 112 degree weather. 
I added a pipe feeder to increase the amount of corn in the shooting lane.  Hopefully they will come for a late dinner Tuesday evening.  As Arnold said... I'll be back. 

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!