turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snakewood Striker?

Started by Fatbeard, July 29, 2012, 10:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatbeard

Does anybody on here make a snakewood striker? I have one and would like another.  The one I have is snakewood with a dogwood top it has been very effective on glass. If anybody makes something close to this I would like to see one
East TN Beard Buster

drenalinld

Callmakerman makes a wicked one! Best striker I own. And I have almost 200.

hunter22

Here is a Snakewood striker made by Bill Lyman, callmakerman. It is an outstanding striker.

pappy

I have made many a striker from snakewood, and most of the time they have had ivory or resin acrylic tips. Never used one that was 100% snakewood.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

drenalinld

Quote from: hunter22 on July 30, 2012, 10:49:33 AM
Here is a Snakewood striker made by Bill Lyman, callmakerman. It is an outstanding striker.

This guy knows a thing or two about fine strikers. He has more that double the number I do.....lol
And he definitely knows how to run a pot call.

cleanslate

My local woodcraft has a stick of this, but it's covered in wax so it would take about a year to dry out. They also want $32 for a 1"x12" piece. Don't know too many folks who would be willing to pay the price it would cost to make a striker out of a piece of wood that pricey.

callmakerman

Snakewood is not cheap but it does make a real nice striker. I sell them for 30 plus about a dollar something for shipping. here's a few that I have made.

hunter22

You make some awesome strikers Bill. Some of the best I have seen.

West Augusta

Quote from: drenalinld on July 30, 2012, 02:38:20 PM
Quote from: hunter22 on July 30, 2012, 10:49:33 AM

This guy knows a thing or two about fine strikers. He has more that double the number I do.....lol
And he definitely knows how to run a pot call.

X2
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

limhnger

Quote from: callmakerman on August 01, 2012, 09:30:23 PM
Snakewood is not cheap but it does make a real nice striker. I sell them for 30 plus about a dollar something for shipping. here's a few that I have made.

Any available?