turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Full Turkey Mount

Started by Tomtaker47, July 27, 2012, 10:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomtaker47

i was wondering if any knew how much a full turkey mount cost?

captin_hook

Anywhere from 400$ to over 1000$ just depends on what you want and who the taxi is.

Tomtaker47

Swamprunner

More so than almost anything else, you get what you pay for. Callie Morris is worth every penny

drenalinld

I just picked up my first mount. Full strut on a limb. I am very disappointed. $500. Wish I could start over.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: drenalinld on August 05, 2012, 01:41:32 PM
I just picked up my first mount. Full strut on a limb. I am very disappointed. $500. Wish I could start over.

Not all taxidermists are turkey taxidermist. Just because I guy can mount a deer doesn't mean he can do a turkey. Turkeys are more specialized than any other game animal. Not even guys who specialize in birds can do good turkeys if they don't specialize in them. Before taking any turkey to a taxidermist I would see alot of his turkeys. Take pictures of real turkeys with you and see how they stand up to the mounted birds. There are many turkeys in garages and attics because of poor turkey taxidermy work. I don't consider myself a taxidermist but I can do a decent turkey, better than most taxidermist in my area. I have had a taxidermist ask me to mount a turkey for him. I do it as a hobby so I don't have to spend extra money on my own turkey mounts. If I can help you Dave let me know.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

captin_hook

Quote from: Swamprunner on August 05, 2012, 01:20:38 PM
More so than almost anything else, you get what you pay for. Callie Morris is worth every penny
Right on! I am fortunate enough to live within a short drive of one of Callie's former apprentices, Razzas taxidermy. He does some awsome work. I haven't had a bird done by him yet, but a good friend of mine did, and it is as good as a mount I've ever seen. His price is not too bad considering the quality of the work.

Frankinthelaurels

Turkhnter is correct, NOT every taxidermist is a great turkey guy....most of them make the head look phoney, usually too red or the blue is too bright for my likes and it takes a talent to get each layer of the feathers just right especially in full strut mounts, some won't even do full strut because of the skills needed and the time to get it right... Here's a $450 mount of mine..

captin_hook

Frank, that's a awsome mount for only 450$! That's a great head. Where is your taxi located? State?

Frankinthelaurels

It's a YANKEE taxi !!!!!!!!  Central Pennsylvania...Cambria Co..life long friend and fellow hunters.. Ray is one of the best unknowns in the country!!!! His detail is takes a backseat to no one... Here's a bobcat he did for me...

captin_hook

That cats a beauty. Cambria isn't too far from me. Right up 22. Could you pm me his name, number, and adress. I'll give him a look if I kill a nice fall bird or decent buck.

Mark K

That is the best looking cat I've ever seen!!

trkehunr93

mcGuires taxidermy here in VA is the best turkey mounts I've seen.  The two he did for me were outstanding.