turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How hot is where you are?

Started by barry, June 29, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

We've broken records that were set in the 1930s here in Southern Illinois. We've been in the 100s for several days this week and no relief is in sight until maybe Tuesday. No rain in weeks and we're over 14", last I heard, down on normal rainfall for the year.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

spurman

109 in West KY today and as dry as I can ever remember for this time of year. Neighbor says he is going to start cutting his silage, it's drying up and isn't going to grow anymore anyway. Usually don't cut until at least middle of August.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

renegade19

Quote from: allaboutshooting on June 30, 2012, 04:16:07 PM
We've broken records that were set in the 1930s here in Southern Illinois. We've been in the 100s for several days this week and no relief is in sight until maybe Tuesday. No rain in weeks and we're over 14", last I heard, down on normal rainfall for the year.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark, I had 106 in the truck today.  Down from 109 the last 2 days.

TRKYHTR

Sorry everybody. I just checked the temp guage and it say 82 degrees, sunny with a light breeze.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

gophert

109 official record yesterday in Nashville!!! Today in my car...117.

Sent from my tweaked out EVO!

stone road turkey calls

104 today in georgia, how do you put AC on a riding mower?

:TrainWreck1:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

kansas hooks

6 p.m. here in Kansas on Saturday and it is saying 101....... :help:

magnoliagamecalls

Africa hot here on the coast in Mississippi

wildturkey6

84 here in sunny Florida we don't get as high temps because of the ocean breeze.

sippy cup

Quote from: captin_hook on June 30, 2012, 07:00:53 AM
Well it was 97 yesterday here in western pa, had some bad storms last night and knocked out the power. It's gonna be rough today without the a/c. I am praying the power comes on soon.
about same in va
beware of longdale legend

nativeks

111 here a couple days ago not including the heat index. Supposed to remain around 100 for the next 2 weeks with one day in the extended forecast they are predicting 113. Super dry too. The declared a state of emergency for 9 KS counties due to wildfires last week. We had a fire south of town that required 6 different departments and a couple hours to suppress. They believe it was started by fireworks.

lightsoutcalls

We're supposed to be under 100 degrees today for the first time in about 10 days.  We have a 20% chance of rain this evening.  I'm hoping we get some rain.  Folks around here aren't smart enough to recognize that fireworks can cause fires.   ::)  There was/is an uncontrolled fire around Magazine, AR, about 60 miles away from me.  I didn't here if it was in the national forest land or private property.  A lot of the acreage in that area is in the Ozark National Forest. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

HogBiologist

I went to North Arkansas this past weekend.  On friday it was 111 actual temp, would hate to see the heat index.  This was in the arkansas river valley between Russelville and Clarksville
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Gut_Pile

Very low humidity this weekend when temps were 110. It felt like 110. The humidity is back now. Right now it is 95 feels like 116.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

FANMAN

It was so hot today Lance Armstrong tested positive for Snapple.