OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mounting a poult?

Started by Dr.Love, June 25, 2012, 11:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Love

Had a buddy find some dead poults while cutting hay. I was able to get one in good shape. It looks to be a month old. Was thinking about getting it mounted. I have a bobcat mount and a bird is suppost to go in its paw. Just never found the right bird. This might be just what I have been waiting for. Anyone have any pictures of anything like this? Think it will be hard to get someone to mount it?
Thanks

DeWayne Knight

You might be asking for a ticket having a turkey "taken out of season"...

Deputy 14

Yea. I would call the DNR in your state and check the legalities before I did anything else.

fallsflight

If it were me, I would go with either a pheasant, grouse or a duck.  Would add more color to the mount and I think look better overall.  But obviously totally up to you.

ccleroy

I think it's a great idea.

dirt road ninja

I've seen plenty with other birds, but never a turkey poult. Sounds good to me.

turkey slayer

Quote from: dirt road ninja on June 25, 2012, 04:19:48 PM
same here sounds cool!

tomstopper

Quote from: turkey slayer on June 25, 2012, 06:19:56 PM
same here sounds cool!
:agreed:

fallsflight

You know, now that you say that, I too have never seen a poult and it would be something different.  I was thinking birds with color would be nicer, but those are common and a poult is not.  I have changed my mind and think the poult would be more of a conversation piece.  I also have never seen a bobcat and a mature Tom going at it, where the Tom is in the air attempting to spur the cat.

davisd9

Sounds like a great idea to me as well.  Would love to see a picture of the finished product!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Dr.Love

I think it would be something cool and different. While searching the internet I found a fox with a poult in its mouth. Just wondering how hard it would be to find someone to mount it. Going to try and give some people a call this weekend.