OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 2012 Euro Mounts

Started by West Augusta, June 25, 2012, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

My 2012 Eastern Euro Mount.  A shift leader at work did these for me.  Pretty cool. 
Now I need to come up with a plack to mount the tail and beard on.

He did one skull and the neck and skull of the second bird.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Deputy 14

That's cool. Not hard to see what happened to second bird. Those pellet holes give it good character.

I-55Bandit

I really wanted to try that this year but forgot to keep any heads

West Augusta

When you try it go very slow during the boiling process.  The bones are very tiny and fragile.  The head and neck are from two different birds.  The first I shot up the head and the second, I shot up the neck.  He put two together to make one. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

drenalinld

I like it! Not what I was expecting when I clicked the post...lol

captin_hook

I bet ya getting the heads beetled would be a lot easier than boiling them. I might do it next year or this year if I get a fall bird. Looks pretty sweet.

turkey slayer

wisconsinteacher

Could you clean them by putting them in a bucket with water and letting it sit and do its thing for a few weeks then clean it and whiten it?

tomstopper

WyoHunter

Neat mount! Never saw a euro mount of a turkey.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

VGJ5

Nice one, Steve!  Did you see the one I did for my mom?  I wanted the mouth open, like yours, but that little bone above the lower jaw broke on one side, and it was just easier to repair it mouth-closed.  I also like the looooonnnngggg neck on your mount.

"Turkey hunting is a series of instant tactical decisions that are invariably irreversible."
- Colonel Tom Kelly

blackmagic

Quote from: captin_hook on June 25, 2012, 03:45:52 PM
I bet ya getting the heads beetled would be a lot easier than boiling them. I might do it next year or this year if I get a fall bird. Looks pretty sweet.
I had a small colony and did duck heads all the time.  They make quick work of it.

Eric Gregg

Man that second bird got a noggin' full of lead :smiley-char092:

That is cool looking

mohall64

Do you have any estimate of the time you did boil the bones?
He will only be bigger next season!!!!

Fatbeard

That is awesome! I give all my heads to our local taxidermist so they can send them off to freeze dry them! But these are very cool
East TN Beard Buster