turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Turkey Video Attempt

Started by jblackburn, June 24, 2012, 06:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

This year tried filming hunts for the first time and I have just taken the time to mess with editing footage.  Here is my first attempt, it is a little rough, but I thought I would share.

This is my bird from April 18 taken north of Stillwater., OK.

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gut_Pile

Great hunt. Liked being able to hear the heavy breathing. The bird had you torn up. I do the same thing every time. Thanks for sharing
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

jblackburn

Yeah, I thought he was going to bust me.  I had to cut some branches out of the cedar tree I was setting against and every time one would pop he gobbled. I was still trying to get everything ready when he hit the ground.  Pretty much every bird gets me worked up, it's part of why I love turkey hunting.  If I ever stop getting excited when I call one in, it will be time for me to give it up!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TRKYHTR

Great job. It's not easy filming your own hunt. There are alot of different issues you have to deal with when you start filming your hunts. Good to see a turkey hunter up against a tree. That turkey sure was pretty.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

jblackburn

Thanks TRKYHTR, it is very difficult to film your own hunts, but it was fun!  I have watched the hunt way too many times and love it every time! 

I have hunted from a blind, but it's just not for me.  I like being out there with the birds.

www.gooserbatcalls.com

WyoHunter

Congrats on your first video! You did good!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Doug

That was a great video, thanks for sharing!  You are exactly right:  the day I don't get all worked up when I hear/see a gobbler is the day I give up turkey hunting.  That was an awesome bird, too!