OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Not turkey hunting but still fun...

Started by cannonball, June 23, 2012, 11:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Now that turkey season is over I have moved on to my second favorite thing...fishing. It has been a good year so far and I have caught several fish on each trip. I love to chase those striped bass and they have been cooperative so far this year. If anyone ever wants to go, hit me up and we will bend some poles together.

savduck

I was wondering where you disappeared to. Thats a nice fish.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

I love fishing for stripers. When I was young my Grandpa took us boys almost every weekend. I was never fortunate enough to catch any big ones but I saw him catch some 30+ pounders. I have a good buddy that showed up to my house one time just to brag. When I opened the door he was standing there with the biggest fish I ever saw. It was 50" long and 40+ pounds. We don't see any fish like that around here any more. Nice catch.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

Nice!!!! A 20 pounder is a trophy around here! Would love to catch one of those beasts!

jbrown

ccleroy

cannonball

That's a little one guys, he will go about 17 pounds. My best ever is 42, I hope to break the 50 pound mark one day, but that's tough to do around here.

jbrown

Eddie, about 20 yrs ago, I caught a 52lb and a 48lb "Rock" the same night........in a gill net fishin for shad. The 52lb fish had a 7" wooden lure in its mouth....I bet someone was sick when the line broke. I caught both fish about 1 mile below my river house. I did see a 61lb "Rock" come out of this river about 15yrs ago.

cannonball

That's quite a catch Jim. I bet those striped bass were fun to pull in, even in a gill net.