Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Musky Month!! Great article in yesterdays WV gazette paper.

Started by longbeard11, June 18, 2012, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

here is a great article in yesterdays paper about one of my buddies Troy Radcliff.  He had the month of a lifetime last month catching not one, not two, but three (3) 50 inch muskies!!! Some people dont even catch one 50 incher their whole life and Troy caught 3 in a month, he definitely had the fish gods smiling on him.  Congrats Troy way to go man! Hope you all enjoy the article.

http://www.wvgazette.com/Outdoors/201206160098

Deputy 14

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

tomstopper

Woodsman4God

Congrats to your buddy, I relaize that in other states/lakes that is an amazing life time goal but if you want to fish for Musky come uo to Michigan and go fishing in lake St Claire, it is not unusual to be able to land 3 50" muskie on a good day up here, Our best day I think we boated 6 of em 48" + with 3 of them in the 55" range plus 2 bust offs that would both have gone 50+. Its the best Muskie fishery in the world

longbeard11

Quote from: Woodsman4God on June 24, 2012, 08:47:56 AM
Congrats to your buddy, I relaize that in other states/lakes that is an amazing life time goal but if you want to fish for Musky come uo to Michigan and go fishing in lake St Claire, it is not unusual to be able to land 3 50" muskie on a good day up here, Our best day I think we boated 6 of em 48" + with 3 of them in the 55" range plus 2 bust offs that would both have gone 50+. Its the best Muskie fishery in the world
no doubt. My buddy just got back from a trip to St. Claire and said it was a blast. We have some great fisheries here too but nothing like the lakes there in the north. Amazing what those waters will produce up there.
However, i am not much of a fan of trolling and i know that the bulk of those big fish caught up there (especially on a lake like St. Claire) are caught that way. I would much rather cast and trick the beast instead of having my boat fish for me. Just my opinion on it.

sippy cup

My sisters boyfriend has been slaying muskies in va got 1 sat 33 pd and46 inches
beware of longdale legend

Woodsman4God

Quote from: longbeard11 on June 25, 2012, 08:50:19 AM
no doubt. My buddy just got back from a trip to St. Claire and said it was a blast. We have some great fisheries here too but nothing like the lakes there in the north. Amazing what those waters will produce up there.
However, i am not much of a fan of trolling and i know that the bulk of those big fish caught up there (especially on a lake like St. Claire) are caught that way. I would much rather cast and trick the beast instead of having my boat fish for me. Just my opinion on it.

You can catch em any way you want up here, I have seen guys drift for them, troll and  just set anchor cast spinners into the weed beds, Best place for spinners would be the south end of the lake about 1 mile out from Detroit river, its called the dumping grounds, about 10-12 feet of water and lots fo snags for trollers but my oh my some big muskies get caught their every year. I've caught them all 3 ways of fishing and really it just depends on the time of year what works best

longbeard11

Quote from: Woodsman4God on June 26, 2012, 08:06:20 AM

You can catch em any way you want up here, I have seen guys drift for them, troll and  just set anchor cast spinners into the weed beds, Best place for spinners would be the south end of the lake about 1 mile out from Detroit river, its called the dumping grounds, about 10-12 feet of water and lots fo snags for trollers but my oh my some big muskies get caught their every year. I've caught them all 3 ways of fishing and really it just depends on the time of year what works best

yeah, all about time of year. you are right. I would love to come up there in the fall and cast big bulldawgs, thats some of my favorite fishing. That and big bucktails.

Jay

Same with me. I've casted LOTW for many years for Muskies, and for shear numbers, you can't beat it anywhere. However, the real Pigs are caught trolling most of the time, the real big/deep lakes.

turkey slayer