OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

George Washington was a turkey hunter!!!

Started by wisconsinteacher, June 16, 2012, 04:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I saw this hanging in George's kitchen during our tour to DC.  We had a great trip to DC and NYC.

vaturkey

Is that some of Joe Slaytons & Pappy's tube calls sittin up on the shelf ?   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

wisconsinteacher

No they are little jars of some kind.  As I walked around his plantation, all I could think of was turkey hunting there before the homes and cities developed.

stone road turkey calls

love to visit dc, have friends and family in fairfax va go to dc every time we visit them.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Spring Creek Calls

Mount Vernon was the highlight of our trip to DC. I remember the smokehouse and the smokey smell within it. What a great job they've done preserving a piece of our history.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

wisconsinteacher

It was great but the highlight was the WWII Memorial.  Out of the 10 or 12 major conflicts in the Atlantic Theater mentioned, my grandpa was in 5 of them.  Seeing the words of where he was hit home.  I can't wait to see him this weekend and say thanks for all he did.  He is 86 and still doing great.  He has a Purple Heart and 2 Oak Leaf Clusters with it.  He is a true hero.

captpete

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on June 17, 2012, 10:24:44 AM
It was great but the highlight was the WWII Memorial.  Out of the 10 or 12 major conflicts in the Atlantic Theater mentioned, my grandpa was in 5 of them.  Seeing the words of where he was hit home.  I can't wait to see him this weekend and say thanks for all he did.  He is 86 and still doing great.  He has a Purple Heart and 2 Oak Leaf Clusters with it.  He is a true hero.

Tell your Grandpa thanks for me also!

dirt road ninja

Quote from: vaturkey on June 16, 2012, 05:13:02 PM

Is that some of Joe Slaytons & Pappy's tube calls sittin up on the shelf ?   :icon_thumright:

Didnt realize those fellows were that old.

lightsoutcalls

George Washington may have been a turkey hunter, but Abraham Lincon was a vampire hunter.  If you don't believe it, just check your movie listings... ::)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!