turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Little Johnny Meets Obama

Started by tomstopper, June 13, 2012, 03:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

One of my coworkers sent this to me and I thought you all might enjoy this one.

Little Johnny is at it again... President Obama was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes.

They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked the president if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy'?

So our illustrious president asked the class for an example of a 'tragedy'.

One little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy?'

'No,' said Obama, 'that would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy.'

'I'm afraid not,' explained Obama. 'That's what we would call great loss.' The room went silent. No other children volunteered.

Obama searched the room. 'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand.

In a quiet voice he said: If the plane carrying you and Mrs. Obama was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic!' exclaimed Obama. 'That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?'

'Well,' says Little johnny, 'It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss... and it probably wouldn't be an accident either.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Not funny at all. 

He's the commander in chief regardless of you're partisan affiliation.

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on June 13, 2012, 04:15:09 PM
Not funny at all.  

the guy is a unamerican b-- head
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

lightsoutcalls

Not funny at all. 

Sometimes humor helps us lessen our frustration with very real life events.  Just because we laugh doesn't mean that we have no respect for the office.  Respect, however, is something that is earned, not something that is bestowed along with a title. 
  Here's an example...
   I like popcorn.  I have a movie theater popcorn bucket at home that I sometimes put popcorn in to have while watching a show on TV.  It even says POPCORN in big bold letters across the bucket.  By all means, it is a popcorn bucket.    If you empty a cat litter box into the popcorn bucket, the bucket is still going to say POPCORN on it in big bold letters.  There is no denying it is still a popcorn bucket, it says so right on the bucket.  Does that mean I still have to like what's in it?

I respect the office of POTUS.  It has been filled by men throughout the years that have done many great things for America and for its people.  Just my personal opinion, but that is not the case at present.  We all know that kids say some funny things, which often are more insightful than we give them credit for.  If we can laugh about such a situation to difuse some of our frustrations about the reality of life, where is the harm in it? 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on June 13, 2012, 05:14:56 PM
Not funny at all. 

Sometimes humor helps us lessen our frustration with very real life events.  Just because we laugh doesn't mean that we have no respect for the office.  Respect, however, is something that is earned, not something that is bestowed along with a title. 
  Here's an example...
   I like popcorn.  I have a movie theater popcorn bucket at home that I sometimes put popcorn in to have while watching a show on TV.  It even says POPCORN in big bold letters across the bucket.  By all means, it is a popcorn bucket.    If you empty a cat litter box into the popcorn bucket, the bucket is still going to say POPCORN on it in big bold letters.  There is no denying it is still a popcorn bucket, it says so right on the bucket.  Does that mean I still have to like what's in it?

I respect the office of POTUS.  It has been filled by men throughout the years that have done many great things for America and for its people.  Just my personal opinion, but that is not the case at present.  We all know that kids say some funny things, which often are more insightful than we give them credit for.  If we can laugh about such a situation to difuse some of our frustrations about the reality of life, where is the harm in it? 

thats how you make my statement politically correct.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

tomstopper

Not funny at all. 

WOW... I was not intending for this joke to start a huge conflict here. As for Obama, I respect the position in which he sits but I don't respect him at all. I am a combat MARINE veteran and am as big of a patriot as any one, and it kills me to say he is my commander in chief. All I can do is voice my opinion, cast my vote, and pray to God that he does not get reelected. In the mean time, I will try to get some humor out of our current situation because if I stayed serious about it I would be worried and depressed. This man has done nothing for the US and needs to go. Again I apologize If this joke upsets any one but its my way to get a little humor out of such a desperate situation.

Ded Goblr

That was good for laugh!! Thanks   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an   The down fall of this great nation will be "Political Correctness",  never be afraid to say it like it is!!! The liberals use PC like a weapon!!

Eric Gregg

Quote from: tomstopper on June 13, 2012, 09:21:53 PM
Not funny at all. 

WOW... I was not intending for this joke to start a huge conflict here. As for Obama, I respect the position in which he sits but I don't respect him at all. I am a combat MARINE veteran and am as big of a patriot as any one, and it kills me to say he is my commander in chief. All I can do is voice my opinion, cast my vote, and pray to God that he does not get reelected. In the mean time, I will try to get some humor out of our current situation because if I stayed serious about it I would be worried and depressed. This man has done nothing for the US and needs to go. Again I apologize If this joke upsets any one but its my way to get a little humor out of such a desperate situation.
tomstopper, in my opinion being that you are a combat veteran you have earned the right to say whatever you want to say without any apologies.
Thank you for serving :you_rock:

bird

:TooFunny:  Johnny is also so funny   :TooFunny:

gobblerguide

BITE  ME,he is a communist they have proven that ,a liar and his agenda is to weaken the USA down so the rest of the world will be equal to us.Respect for him   none   you need to read everyone of these TRUE POSTS.SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS WHEN YOU ADORE AND LOVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU EVIDENTLY DO BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

catdaddy

Not funny at all. 

I thought it was funny---Obama is a JOKE!!!!

sugarray

Not funny at all.  

You are right, it is not funny.

It's

STINKING HILARIOUS!!!!