OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Minnesota fishing?

Started by triune, June 12, 2012, 11:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triune

Has anyone ventured to Minnesota for some walleye fishing and had any luck?  Looking to take the family up for a few days and trying to find a recommended place to go.
Thanks,
Kenny

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

ghillie

Mille Lac's has been on FIRE recently....Very good success in 25-30fow, mud flats in the AM and gravel bars in the evening.  Most everything is working right now, lead core and cranks (Reef Runners), snell rigs with crawlers or leeches.  Slip bobbers over the gravel or any rocky structure in the PM.   Be safe as it's a big lake and it's not uncommon for 5ft rollers to come up quick...watch the weather...good luck and tight lines!!

Also, don't know if your bringing a boat up or not but there are some new regs for Minn this year...pull your drain plug immediately after leaing the water.  $200 fine for not draining your boat and they will pull you over if your plug is in your boat...state wide!  New slot for Mille Lac too...must relaease ALL fish between 17-28" with possession of 1 over 28"

P.S. Thanks for the tips Nik...those GSP marks are spot on for some nice fish!

triune

Muskie03, never been up that way for fishing so really open to anything.  Usually save my time for a spring turkey trip but didn't work out this year, so I have some vacation time to take.

Ghillie, like the picture and would love to see my boys haul in something like that.  We don't have a boat to pull up.  After my daughter was born are boat didn't see the water for three years so I sold it.  She just finished her first year of college.  Not sure what happened there.  So I guess I would be looking at a possible rental.

Thanks for the response!

Muskie03

I believe Gander Mountain Stores might rent boats still. Mille lacs is the walleye "capitol". This summer i'm in British Columbia, Canada so i don't have much for a report. There are places in MN to rent a good fishing boat. There are plenty of places to enjoy fishing in MN. Mille Lacs, the Brianerd area, Leech Lake area, Detroit Lakes area. All have tons of lakes. Land of 10,000 Lakes. lol

Steve~ Glad you got to use those coordinates bud!!! That's an awesome fish! The coordinates hold even bigger ones! go get em'  :anim_25:
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

triune

Thanks for the info Muskie03, I'll do some searches and see what is available in those areas.