OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Greenleaf 11-87!!!!

Started by HartClemson99, June 10, 2012, 07:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HartClemson99

I found this old school Mossy Oak Greenleaf Remington 11-87 in SC when I put a post on another website looking for an 11-87 in Greenleaf or Trebark.  I bought it today and it will keep my Bottomland 11-87 (I found on gunbroker) company!  I plan to put an Indian Creek, Rhino or Jebs choke (depending on which patterns best) and shoot Nitro or Hevi Shot Magnum blends, but it came with a Comp-N-Choke XXX on it, so I may play around with some Winchester Xtended range #6s and see how it will do with the choke it came with.
I'm thinking about drill and tapping it and putting an EOTech on it as well.  Or I may just shoot it without a site as it's so light.

I'm stoked!  I added my 10Th turkey gun to my arsenal and picked up one in my favorite camo pattern!

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

dirt road ninja

Nice. Gotta like that it had a turkey choke in it. Probably wasn't shot much.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

GOLD HUNTER

beagler

Never Misses

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

AndyH

She's a beaut! That is the gun I need to finish my collection of ol schools

Old Gobbler

Congrats !! It  does not  look like those are all to difficult to locate

I wish we able to allow FFL transfers / Gun sales / Gun wanted adds on OldGobbler.com ......  I am prohibited from doing so on this site , ATF/ BATF compliance is paramount - so for those of you on the lookout ,keep looking , I suggest  gunbroker.com and the like  

congrats again --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gut_Pile

Great looking gun. Hope it's a shooter for you
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

HartClemson99

Quote from: AndyH on June 10, 2012, 07:56:09 PM
She's a beaut! That is the gun I need to finish my collection of ol schools

I'm still looking for the Trebark NWTF version.  I will find it one of these days!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 10, 2012, 08:15:40 PM

I wish we able to allow FFL transfers / Gun sales / Gun wanted adds on OldGobbler.com ......  I am prohibited from doing so on this site , ATF/ BATF compliance is paramount - so for those of you on the lookout ,keep looking , I suggest  gunbroker.com and the like  

congrats again --Shannon
Oh they are very hard to find.  I've been looking for over a year! :character0029:

Old Gobbler

Quote from: SKFOOTER on June 10, 2012, 09:38:44 PM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on June 10, 2012, 08:15:40 PM

congrats again --Shannon
Oh they are very hard to find.  I've been looking for over a year! :character0029:
Keep looking , I'm sure everyone here knows you looking for one -

be wary of online scam artists - I've had to shake down a few guys in the gun classifieds for members refunds in the past and it was not a pleasant  -- you have to go through a FFL to be safe and legal - When I sold guns for a living , I used to have to be in constant contact with those alphabet agencies , you could not  imagine the nightmares I have dealt with before , If there was a way for us to legally have a FFL transfer here but there is no way , we would eventually get the site in some serious hot water

I see where people are saying they have a complete collection , a quick search on Gunbroker tells me there are several SP10's MO Bottomland with out owners - I am tempted to buy one as a spare -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Eric Gregg

You gotta love that old mossy oak greenleaf. I am doubtfull they will ever bring it back since Obsession and new bottomland have taken off as great turkey camo's.
I would love to have one of those in Greenleaf!
Great catch :z-winnersmiley:

HartClemson99

I have a matching SP-10 in Bottomland I found in TN a few years back for $550.  WHAT A GUN!  It finished it's Grand Slam this year in FL and MT and got another GA longbeard this year.  Shooting Nitro 7s and a Rhino choke tube, I put 398 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards on paper.

It is so heavy with the wood stock, the felt recoil is less than most 12 gauges.  If you ever wanted a 10 ga slam, I would pick one up!

SKFOOTER

I have the SP-10 in Bottomland and it is a fine shotgun. :OGturkeyhead: