OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Check out this still from my next video! (Updated with link to video)

Started by busta biggun, June 10, 2012, 04:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

This was a very cool hunt. I will be posting the video as soon as I straighten out my computer issues.

Updated: Here is the link, hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luG3RmUAxxM&feature=youtu.be

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Gut_Pile

Looks like the video is going to be nice. You should send that picture to the boys at DSD. I'm sure they would love to see it too
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

redarrow

tomstopper

NorfolkHunter

Great video! I really enjoyed that. Looks like he had a good set of hooks on them. The just can't leave those DSD's alone.

drenalinld

Very nice! I wonder if that bird could fly. He had a good portion of his primary feathers on his right side broke off??

lightsoutcalls

He looks like he has some not-so-honorable intentions for that DSD.  ;D  He's got some beautiful copper coloration on those feathers. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

870FaceLift

:happy0064:

nice captured still.  I'm in awe of you guys that are able to calmly film this stuff.  Thank goodness you do though.  If not, we wouldn't have anything to watch in the offseason.
Pass it on...

lightsoutcalls

I don't mean to get sidetracked here, but take a look at the color of red on that bird's head.  Is it just me, or do many taxidermists not seem to have a clue when it comes to coloration?  I have a bird with a great body, but the red on the head looks like bozo's nose.  Looks like he was feeding on radioactive corn or something.  I had my next one done by the same guy, but asked him to tone down the coloration to be a bit more muted.  It looks incredible!  It's nice to see the real thing up close and personal while it's still alive.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

busta biggun

You're right Wendell. BTW, I have killed so many turkeys that I have called in with your anodized aluminum pot call. That thing is awesome! Regarding the coloration, if you notice the botom half of a turkey's head in full "arousal" mode, is very bright red. Almost clownish. It tends to move up his neck from time to time. The one thing that most taxidermists don't understand is the snood is NOT all red. At least not usually. The red usually starts about half way down. I have seen guys paint the bottom lobe of the crown red, and keep it solid red all the way down, which is wrong. It should be bright white to the end of that last hump on his crown. Then a bit of grayish blue mix. then tapering into red. Most guys just go crazy with the red paint.

busta biggun

Hey Mike! Just saw your post. Thanks buddy! How did you do this year?

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott