turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Awesome last 2 days!!! (long)

Started by longbeard11, June 09, 2012, 04:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Well it started yesterday evening (Friday). My girlfriend really wanted to go fishing again bad, we have been going about 2 or 3 times a week now in the evenings after work and she loves it. She has been catching a ton of bass and i have just been loving guiding her and have been casting for muskies every now and then, i wanted to catch one with her with me so bad! So i took her to a really good hole i knew of with lots of smallmouth and muskies and we started to fish, she was catching smallmouth and rockbass about every cast and i was just so proud and happy cause she was so excited. She caught her two biggest smallmouth she has ever caught and we were both on cloud nine.

So the sun went down and i started casting a new spinnerbait i had for some muskies in a hole i had raised and hooked some in the past. About half way down through there, she was saying "why dont you switch baits? why dont you just bass fish and catch some?" I told her just be patient, you will understand when i catch one. I had raised a small one with her with me before but she had no idea what was about to happen, neither did I. About that time im reeling back to the boat and out of nowhere here he comes, a really nice fat musky, I said "musky musky musky, here he comes" then it jetted at it and got its nose right on it, followed the figure 8 one full time and i said "get ready babe its gonna eat it right here" next turn BAM! I set the hook and the fight was on. I had a really good hook set but i was still very nervous, i didnt want to lose this fish. I told her ok get the net and i walked her through everything, told her just put it in the water and im gonna tire him out and swim him right in there. She listened to me so good, we were both so nervous but so excited, i swam him in there and she scooped him up like a pro, i was so proud and excited!! We were both so excited and shaking so bad, she didnt know what to do with herself! I got him unhooked and pulled it up for a picture and she couldnt believe it, we took the pics, got a measurement and did a release, great fish nice healthy 37 incher. After that i had to sit down and regain my composure and she wanted to call everyone and tell them the whole story haha It was so awesome and ill never ever forget that fish and time i spent with her! After that fish my night was complete and i let her catch a few more before we left, we were both thrilled to death!

So then on Saturday morning it was back at it bright at early to fish with two of my good buddies Nathan Stevens and Luke King. We headed out at 4:30am and were on the water fishing by 5:45. Within the first 15 minutes of fishing Nathan had a great fish explode off a treetop and inhale his spinnerbait at the boat as it went by. Got the pics and measure and did the release, beautiful 31 inch fish. Twenty minutes later he had a really fat 40 inch fish follow all the way in to the boat and strike boatside on the first turn of the figure 8, set the hook and it made a couple runs then headshook and shook lose, nathan was so degected but man we were pumped up! Fished the rest of the morning and things slowed down, only moved one more fish but Luke managed to catch 2 stud largemouth on musky baits so those were great bonus fish. All in all a great 2 days fishing with my girlfriend and good buddies, wouldnt trade it for the world. Sorry for the long read but hope you enjoyed, here are the pics from today.

Deputy 14

tomstopper