turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Future turkey dog (I hope)

Started by trkehunr93, June 07, 2012, 01:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Wanted to share a pic of our new addition, a 9 week old male chocolate lab named Jake.  I love to fall turkey hunt and in VA you can use dogs to hunt turkeys with so the training has begun.  He really likes the gobbler wing I saved from this spring, once it thaws a little it really gives off scent.  Drug it thru the backyard last night then hid it behind a maple while my oldest kept him in the front yard and when he let him loose after a little sniffing around and going back and forth he picked up the scent and brought it to us.  Very excited about this, just wanted to share with everyone!

dirt road ninja

Hope he works out as a turkey dog. I know he'll be a good pet, had a black female for years. Then got into shepherds.

davisd9

Do not know a thing about Fall turkey hunting, but I bet it is lots of fun.  Keep us up to date with how he does.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

redrivergar

Fine looking pup! Good luck with the training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomer

Nice looking pup! I got a chocolate female at the beginning of March. Just about to start to train her for waterfowl hunting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

M,Yingling

Good lookin pup ,, hope he helps you on the birds  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey