OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

whats on everyones list for next year?

Started by DirtNap647, June 04, 2012, 05:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC1.

More money so i can go on a few more out of state trips . :z-guntootsmiley:

albrubacker

A waterproof boonie hat and a thick hot seat!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

YELPA

Gas, time off, licenses and a few more states checked off.

tomstopper

My List.

1) Huge Gobbler that I seen on my hunting grounds but couldn't get a shot off at.

2) Another slate call. Broke mine on the last day of the season (any recommendations ??)

3) Time off work

4) Patience (wish one could just make a purchase for this)

drenalinld

Quote from: Daman on June 04, 2012, 05:51:06 PM
Gonna build up my little 20. (New optics, SumToy choke, finish job, and possibly stocks!)

Buy a dozen or so pounds of TSS and start reloading.

Buice Trumpet

The Good Lord's blessing to be able to have time off and hunt with my family again next season!

I would be very with this list!

STRYKER

Well i have messed up and already acquired two new toys for next season and now i have to wait 10 months to play with them. I got a winchester 1300 nwtf with a 28 inch barrel and a ssx tube for it now i feel like i can just swing it at em (my last gun was 20 in.). Also my wife got me a ceramic over slate from pappy and i love it, her on the other hand is already about to choke me out for "practicing".

West Augusta

Quote from: albrubacker on June 04, 2012, 10:33:02 PM
A waterproof boonie hat and a thick hot seat!

I took my hot seat and carefully cuy the stitching and added a bunch of packing peanuts and sewed in back together.  Made a big difference.

Next year?  Merriams.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TrackeySauresRex

I would like to build a new 20 as  well.. it's hard to let go of my Ol mossy 835. We've had a lot of birds for a lot of years.  ;D
Hopefully get out a little more next season. I missed the Pa. season this year due to cut backs.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

WildTigerTrout

I just bought a couple of Quake "The Claw" slings. They are the new series with the metal swivels and are quick-adjust. They really are no-slip. I like them already and have'nt had them in the woods yet! I may try to get a new choke for my Benelli 20ga. Nova. I'm thinking of trying the Primos "Jellyhead" .570. Anybody else have that combo?
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: tomstopper on June 05, 2012, 06:57:37 AM
My List.

1) Huge Gobbler that I seen on my hunting grounds but couldn't get a shot off at.

2) Another slate call. Broke mine on the last day of the season (any recommendations ??)

3) Time off work

4) Patience (wish one could just make a purchase for this)
To answer your question about a slate call. Cody Calls "The Woodsman" in slate or glass is a good one. I really like both of mine.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

tomstopper

gobbler74

Staying close to home till 2014. Next year Tenn, KY, VA hunting  planned.  I just bought three guns since our season ended here in VA ..so doubt I will get any more for awhile. Planning new camera equipment by fall. Hopefully spend summer finishing turkey room and a good winter and christmas with my family and make it to an awesome 2013 spring.    :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on June 05, 2012, 11:00:03 AM
I just bought a couple of Quake "The Claw" slings. They are the new series with the metal swivels and are quick-adjust. They really are no-slip. I like them already and have'nt had them in the woods yet! I may try to get a new choke for my Benelli 20ga. Nova. I'm thinking of trying the Primos "Jellyhead" .570. Anybody else have that combo?

Might not be perty without the custom leather and all but IMO the best darn "get the job done" sling out there is the claw..Using them for years and will keep on because they actually work
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

sippy cup

some us old school hunters might get back in videoing again and hit wv,va, ohio and kentucky
beware of longdale legend

chatterbox

To break a string of 3 bad springs, and actually harvest a bird.