turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ANOTHER 1187 OLD SCHOOL FOUND : update @ the range :

Started by GOLD HUNTER, June 03, 2012, 09:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Hey guys just picked up a new toy for another summer project.  After last years summer project with the 1187 Trebark Old School that I purchased from Albany, MN and modifying it to my taste and used it during the 2012 Spring season, I found this 1187 in Bottomland camo with the original Bottomland sling.  I found this locally in VA and plan to modify it to my taste. I plan to put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it and put a Hevi-13   .662 choke in it.  I also plan to have it drilled and tapped for a base plate, rings and a scope.  I hope to have this project complete so that I can use it for the 2013 Spring season.  Can you guys guess where I'll be on Tuesday morning?  If you guessed the shooting range then you are correct.  I'm going to run some of my TSS loads through it.  

Well, I have my work cut out for me this summer.  Hope you all have a great summer.

mikejd

sweet find. I will say I love the treebark. Good luck with the new toy.

vaturkey

WOW Brian !   :drool:          That's a sweet GOBBLER SLAYER !  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

captin_hook

Good find. It looks to be in great shape.

HartClemson99

I found a Bottomland 11-87 last summer on Gunbroker.  It's a little different as it doesn't have the vent rib on the barrel and it has rifle sights.  It looks like your is in better shape.  I like the original Bottomland sling!  It looks like the finish on  your's is a little nicer than mine.  I put a Jeb's choke on mine and shooting Nitro 4x5x7's I finally killed a bird in MT with mine this year.

I'm still looking for one in Trebark and one in Greenleaf!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

gobbler74

Thats hotter than a June bride ridin bareback on a depot stove!  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SKFOOTER

Brian, you could find a needle in a haystack!!!  Congrats!!  I'm still looking for an 1187 in Greenleaf or Bottomland if you come across one in good s :OGturkeyhead:hape.

mrlongbeard

Sweet looking gun Brian.
I just picked up one yesterday very reasonably priced too, it was a bottomland 11/87 just like yours. now i am looking for the 870's in Greenleaf and Bottomland, I check gunbroker religiously , and will pay a premium too anyone with these guns !

sippy cup

that killed me getting rid of that  but your are a good friend enjoy :you_rock:
beware of longdale legend

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: sippy cup on June 04, 2012, 09:05:59 PM
that killed me getting rid of that  but your are a good friend enjoy :you_rock:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: You wish you had one this nice to sell to me.  Watch out or I'll own yours too.

sippy cup

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on June 04, 2012, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: sippy cup on June 04, 2012, 09:05:59 PM
that killed me getting rid of that  but your are a good friend enjoy :you_rock:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: You wish you had one this nice to sell to me.  Watch out or I'll own yours too.
i hear ya ive found 3 more
beware of longdale legend

vaturkey

Brian

Sure hope it shoots good !   :z-guntootsmiley:
Vaturkey

SKFOOTER

I found the 11-87 in Trebark and in Bottomland.  I'm still looking for the 11-87 in Mossy Oak Greenleaf if any of you guys can help me out.   :turkey2:

gobbler74

Footer, I watched a trebark on a gun auction for awhile..wanted too much to buy. Would have sent you the link but its gone now. Somebody had some super deep pockets. I just bought three other oldies last week. Im picking pocket lint now.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

BrowningGuy88

You can bet when I run across any of the three in an 1187 I will own it. I just want to put my hands on it before I buy one. I would like a set of all three.