Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Four Gobblers (and a jake) strutting at 15 yards!

Started by busta biggun, June 03, 2012, 03:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiXJSPd6EuU&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys, check out my video from this spring. We had four gobblers strutting at 15 yards for almost 10 minutes. Ended up in a great double. Very exciting hunt. Make sure you watch in full screen 1080 in the settings section. Hope you enjoy!

here is a still from the video.

TRKYHTR

Great video. That might be the first time I've ever seen 2 gobblers in the same group with beard rot. Nice hunt. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

turkey slayer

busta biggun

Thanks so much guys. Great catch TRKYHTR. We thiught they were old jakes until we watched the footage back. You can see the yellow edges of their beards. They also acted subdominant. Must have been due to their shame of having no facial hair!  :laugh:

tomstopper

captin_hook

jbennett

HARDCORE

Great hunt and footage, enjoyed it!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

After watching for a second time and I could very well be wrong but I swear that one of the beardless gobblers had some serious hooks.

Congrats guys!!

HC

Gut_Pile

Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

GobbleNut

That was GREAT!!  ....I love the way the cameraman was able to stand outside the blind and take video of the hunters preparing to shoot.  You don't see a group of gobblers that will stand around for that very often!  (...No explanation necessary,..."re-enactments" are a good addition to any video!)   ;D  Well done!! 

barry

Some very serious beard rot!
Am I wrong or is that not a bearded hen?

FullChoke

Great clear footage, it must have been torture waiting for them to get positioned just right.

I don't know what that one was in the foreground. He had a beard and spurs, but clearly had feathers running all the way up the back of his head.

Musta been a mafferdite!

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

RutnNStrutn