OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good facepaint

Started by chatterbox, June 02, 2012, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey guys,

Does anyone hav e a facepaint that works well for them? I'm a scope user, and find it hard to keep my scope from fogging up due to the mask.
Any ideas are appriciated!

Rio Fan

I'd ask Executioner what type of paint he wears.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I don't think facepaint will solve your problem.  The moisture from your breathe is the cause and that can't be prevented in certain weather conditions.

Maybe an optics upgrade or an anti-fog lense coating might help.

Never heard of this being a problem amongst the many scope users here, including myself?

GobbleNut

I've never had the scope-fog problem because I don't use a scope on my shotguns, but I really have it with my glasses.  I have used several types of facepaint, and have found all of them to be lacking in some regard. 

The biggest problem though is that they are almost all 1) smear off when you don't want them to,...and 2) are hard to remove when you really do want to get them off. 
...I think that has something to do with Murphy's Law,....

There used to be a product a few years back that was kind-of like a stick-on facepaint that you could stick on your face and then peel it off.  I never used it so I don't know how well it worked....and I'm not sure it is even still around. 

I have enough problems with the fogging eye-glasses when I wear a facemask, though, that I would like something better,...or some good suggestions on how to resolve that issue effectively. 

lonnie sneed jr.

Dead Down Wind, I use it all the time bow hunting. Won't sweet it off and will not wash off in the rain. Washes right off with a baby wipe or Hot water. I have tryed all kinds and this is the best I have used.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

stinkpickle

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on June 02, 2012, 11:53:23 PM
I don't think facepaint will solve your problem.  The moisture from your breathe is the cause and that can't be prevented in certain weather conditions.

Maybe an optics upgrade or an anti-fog lense coating might help.

Never heard of this being a problem amongst the many scope users here, including myself?

Indeed.  I use Cat Crap on all of my optics (except for those with Bushnell RainGuard).