turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

May 29 Kansas Gobbler

Started by jblackburn, June 02, 2012, 02:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Not a bad way to end my 2012 season!  Three of us hunted hard for 4 1/2 days and only worked two gobblers!  This was the toughest time we have had in Kansas in the 5 years we have hunted it and it has always been late May.  The other guys doubled on a couple jakes at 8 and 15 yards just to keep from having tag soup.

We got on this guy the last morning we were there and he was HOT!  He gobbled 20+ times on the limb and as many on the ground.  He never would break and come into our set up, so we let him walk and snuck around to the other side of the draw and I was able to get a shot on him.  He was definetly not the biggest bird at 15 lbs, with an 8 1/4 beard and 5/8 spurs, but I am happy with him.  When I cleaned him, I figured out why he was unwilling to come all the way in.  I shoot #6 lead and he had several #4s up his back and neck!  

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Turkeyfan

Nice way to end the season and year.

beagler

Never Misses

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

tomstopper