OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Making of the New Spittin Feathers CD

Started by CallDr, June 02, 2012, 02:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallDr

The NEW and first WildTalker Spittin' Feathers CD Volume 1 was a challenge. After 15 years of recording I had so much to choose from. One thing was for sure. The Original Spittin' Feathers that has 32 min of non-stop Turkey talk had to be included. It is truly a once in a lifetime recording. So I "re-mastered" it in HD Audio and cut out some repetive sections and the Plane...lol. It is now only 23 min long but the detail or clarity is what everyone will notice even if you have the original. It still remains today, the only time I have been able to record an Old Gobbler yelping and a must of any turkey hunters sound library.

Since a CD is 60 min long, I had to choose what to include. I decided to have no talking.... just turkeys and others critters "talk on the Wild side" , which is the WildTalker Game Calls slogan. Volume One ended up with 14 New tracks never released. I approached this project as if a person only had ONE CD. So I needed sounds that covered both spring and fall. Plus reference sounds hunters ( competition callers and call makers ). Which include Barred Owls, Hawk,Crow and Woodpecker.

Special Tracks include Drumming. The Spit and Drum are sounds that every hunter "needs to be listening" for in the spring. Most of us have been caught off guard when we do hear it. The gobbler is already on top of us and has us "pinned down". One slight movement and it's game over. This track has 2 primary turkeys yelping but the gobbler is standing right next to the microphone. The spit and drum is very obvious. Yet he never quits drumming because he is locked down in Strut mode. By this I mean, if you listen close..... the drumming never stops. Sometimes the Spit is all we hear ( or hear first ). These sounds are clearly defined as to have them in your head and what to listen for.

Another track is for the Fall Hunter. It's a young hen ( jenny ) yelping in a KEE note.She was seperated from her flock. I have named this Kee Yelping. At first you don't hear the 2 note yelp. Then as her calling gains more desperation it becomes more clear.It's very important to have a caller in the fall so you can make this KEEN high pitched Kee Yelp of a young hen.

Every track has sounds not repeated on others. The goal was to give a wide variety of turkey of both age and sex,for cadence,tone and pitch. This includes clear,raspy,nasal,course and "emotion".

This project is complete and now shipping them.     :toothy9:

This New CD was mastered in HD Audio and requires the best player and speakers you have. It has been optimised to play on your iPod,iPhone,iPad or MP3 player. For this you need a good set of earbuds or headphones,not the stock ones. I can recomend goods ones but expect to pay 50-100 dollars. ( just PM me)

They are 10.00 delivered.

Paypal is  wildtalker@me.com or PM for address.

www.wildtalker.com

TRKYHTR

I just listened to mine yesterday. Great turkey sounds. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CallDr

Did you catch at the end of the Hawk track that it caught a squirrel and the distress sound as it dies? Good to hear if you have a Squirrel caller. ( one from Haydel's)

On the third Owl track....... did you notice when the third Owl came ?

Interesting. Owls don't make a sound when they fly. So when they do change trees or another Owl comes in..... you just hear the talk. That is the good thing about stereo. It's the only way you can tell they moved.

www.wildtalker.com

TRKYHTR

Quote from: CallDr on June 02, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
Did you catch at the end of the Hawk track that it caught a squirrel and the distress sound as it dies? Good to hear if you have a Squirrel caller. ( one from Haydel's)

Interesting. Owls don't make a sound when they fly. So when they do change trees or another Owl comes in..... you just hear the talk. That is the good thing about stereo. It's the only way you can tell they moved.
Yea I heard those. I kept waiting for the gobblers to answer the hawk. There was some really good hen yelping. What I think of when I think of a perfect hen yelp.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CallDr

My dad started me out squirrel hunting at 10. I have never lost interest. I had a world class squirrel dog and it was a Blast! He was a Mountain Kemmer Feist. The Mr Squirrel whistle by Haydel Game Calls really does that distress call great. Now there is something to practice to. It really does work.

I still think today that getting kids in the woods early is VERY important. Squirrel hunting is great way to start leaning those woods and hunting skills.

www.wildtalker.com

troutfisher13111

Quote from: CallDr on June 03, 2012, 10:45:23 AM
My dad started me out squirrel hunting at 10. I have never lost interest. I had a world class squirrel dog and it was a Blast! He was a Mountain Kemmer Feist. The Mr Squirrel whistle by Haydel Game Calls really does that distress call great. Now there is something to practice to. It really does work.

I still think today that getting kids in the woods early is VERY important. Squirrel hunting is great way to start leaning those woods and hunting skills.

Same here and I agree 100%

CallDr

Quote from: TRKYHTR on June 02, 2012, 11:11:02 PM
Quote from: CallDr on June 02, 2012, 09:16:16 PM

Yea I heard those. I kept waiting for the gobblers to answer the hawk. There was some really good hen yelping. What I think of when I think of a perfect hen yelp.

TRKYHTR

The Hawk was wicked close and all was quiet. Actually I wanted a reference track. I have Hawks and gobbling...... I just have not released those tracks yet.

www.wildtalker.com