turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

truglo gobblerstopper and mossy 835

Started by Rockhound, June 02, 2012, 07:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Anyone have any feedback on this combo i picked up one the other day and thought i would try it

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rockhound on June 02, 2012, 07:52:37 AM
Anyone have any feedback on this combo i picked up one the other day and thought i would try it

I've tried a lot of different chokes in my overbored Mossberg guns but I have never tried that one. It has a .695 e.d. and is somewhat more open than most chokes that have been successful for me. You will of course never know how it will work until you try it in your gun. I hope it does well for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

surehuntsalot

throws some good patterns in my 835 with lead 4's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Rockhound

Quote from: allaboutshooting on June 03, 2012, 02:03:11 PM

I've tried a lot of different chokes in my overbored Mossberg guns but I have never tried that one. It has a .695 e.d. and is somewhat more open than most chokes that have been successful for me. You will of course never know how it will work until you try it in your gun. I hope it does well for you.

Thanks,
Clark

It says on the pack the e.d. is 679??

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rockhound on June 03, 2012, 08:17:42 PM
Quote from: allaboutshooting on June 03, 2012, 02:03:11 PM

Thanks,
Clark

It says on the pack the e.d. is 679??

My mistake. You have the non-ported model that is the "Gobble-Stopper" (just as you posted) but I read it incorrectly as the "Gobble-Stopper Xtreme" which has an e.d. of .695.

I have shot that choke in the Rem-Choke version many years ago but never in the 835 model that you have. The Rem-Choke version did quite well as I recall.

Good luck with it and please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,
Clark

Rockhound

You had me worried lol i would not have purchased it if it had a .695 e.d. lol thanks dor the info Clark

surehuntsalot

the gobblstopper that I have for my 835 is a .679
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

allaboutshooting