turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Season recap

Started by Jay Longhauser, June 01, 2012, 11:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Longhauser

It was a different year for me than most.  The weather was warm early and I heard less gobbling consistently.  Some days they gobbled a lot and the next not at all.  Seemed harder to hunt this year but mostly due to areas that usually hold turkeys with short green grass were overgrown early in the season and the birds used a little bit different areas.  Got to hunt with my brother Cory who shot his first bird ever, a jake, and the second bird of his career,  a double bearded gobbler at 10.5 inch beard and 9.5 inch beard that ran at us from about 60 yards out all the way in and gobbled and strutted for us.  I was happy we got to see it together.  Also got to hunt with my buddy Andy who I grew up hunting with, and he got his first bird in a 10 year absence from turkey hunting.  I got a few of my own and hated how hot it was here this season but loved hunting turkeys again.  Hope everyone stays safe until next season.

'
If someone knows what I need to do to get  the pics to show up as a picture instead of a link let me know.

Doug

Looks like you copied the "HTML" code instead of the "IMG" code.

Jay Longhauser

TRKYHTR

Those are some pretty blond spurrs.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

tomstopper