turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dove Hunting in Argentina

Started by OLE RASPY, June 01, 2012, 10:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Has anybody on here ever went to Argentina dove hunting.Dont know if ill get any responses but I was just wondering.If so i would appreciate any info.
Me and a buddy is going to texas next year to finish our grand slam and that will probally be our last road trip for turkey.But we was thinking bout going to argentina dove hunting maybe in 2014.Looking for info now so we can prepare our trip.
It will be a blast to go there and we both love to dove hunt.Thanks.

Turkey Trot

Yes.  Doves, ducks, pigeons, perdiz, and fishing.

Fun, warm to gringos, currency still weak vs. the dollar.  But travel matters are priced in dollars.  You can expect a base rate of $375-400 for nice places.  There are more exquisite places in the $500-600 per day range. 

The biggest expense factor for dove shooting is the ammo.  It is much higher for promo grade dove loads than in the US, and the outfitters mark it up.  It is harder to get down there and is not available in box stores in the strip center.  Some outfitters provide so many rounds with the package deal, and then charge per box thereafter.  Some do not include any ammo.  You can expect ammo at $11-13 per box for standard gauges, and 28 may be more.

Most dove hunting is to Cordoba province, but they exist elsewhere.  Tucuman province is kinda the new thing, and may be a little more expensive.  A lot of people fly in on Air Lan through Santiago, Chile to Cordoba, rather than through Buenos Aires.  IMO, if you go down there, it is worth it so spend a couple of days and nights in BA.  It is a neat place with a lot of good food and entertainment.

I'd recommend that you start by looking at Luis Sier's packages.  Luis used to have a package with about 1,700-1,800 rounds. 

http://www.argentinadoves.com/patagonia_doves.htm
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Turkey Trot

The city of Buenos Aires is a federal enclave, like the District Of Columbia.  There is  also a province named Buenos Aires.  There is good duck hunting to be found there, and one can get there through Bahia Blanca.  I've been on an ad-hoc dove shoot in the south of the province and there were more doves around the koala tree groves there than on a lot of dove shoots I've been to in the south.  The doves there are smaller, and they have a lot of them even in places where people say that there are not many doves. 

A little time in Buenos Aires adds to the trip, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TO96YR_kyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wRg86OmaOg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZKXZSnzkc&feature=related

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

surehuntsalot

I have always wanted to go there,saving my pennies now
my 3 brothers and I plan on trying for 2015
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

OLE RASPY

Thanks alot for the info turkey trot. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:I will check it out and keep it on my mind.

honker22

I went to Argentina dove hunting 5 or 6 years ago and it was INCREDIBLE.  I think it is something that all hunters should do once in their lifetime.  God willing, I will go back one day.

As Turkey Trot said, check out Lus Sier.  That is who we went with.  First class trip with great accomodations.

They keep a running tally of the # of birds you kill and the shots fired and give you a percentage report card at the end of the hunt.  Let's just say, I didn't fly all the way down there to get cheated on shots.  Out of 25 people, I led the group in # of shots fired.  I think i shot about 4,000 rounds and killed around 1,500 doves.  We killed 26,000 doves as a group, and we missed one full day of hunting from flight delays.

I would highly suggest you to rent a gun, down there.  You don't have to worry about the hassle of flying with guns and you won't burn your barrel off.  I shot a 20 ga Berretta that they had, and I never had one gun jam.  Good luck, you will not regret it
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.