OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last Day NY Success

Started by tomstopper, June 01, 2012, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Went out yesterday in hopes of getting at least one bird this spring. I only had until about 8:30 to hunt so I could make it to work on time. At about 1/4 after I had not seen or heard a bird at all and was starting to pick up my calls when I seen two red heads coming through the woods. I quickly sat back down and got ready. When they got closer I could tell that they were Jake's. All season I had been passing them up hoping to get a shot at the monster that I had out at 50yds on opening day. Needless to say I did not want to eat tag soup and knew that the area I was in has alot of young birds, so I took one of the Jake's. Not a wall mounter by any sorts but I am still thankful that I was able to harvest a beautiful animal that my family and I got to enjoy last night.

TauntoHawk

way to stick it out the whole year and enjoy the meat  :happy0064:

that old bird is just growing his spurs a little longer for you next year  :turkey2:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

beagler

Never Misses

lunghit

Very nice. Congrats on the fine bird.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

letinmfly

Congrats!!  Nothing like closing the season on a high note.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

troutfisher13111

Congrats and way to end the season!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Publicland

vaturkey

Congrats on a Last Day Gobbler !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey