OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's Over Now What?

Started by slamman, May 30, 2012, 10:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slamman

Now that most of everyone's turkey season is over (mine ended this past Thursday) what is on your hunting agenda?  I am 0 for 2 on archery turkey, I'm hoping for more success next year.  I am still hunting archery bear here in Arizona until July 31.  Then I have family with four early bull tags I have to start scouting for.  I'm hoping to get drawn for a December Desert Bighorn here in Arizona (not likely I have been applying for 25+ years).  After that its archery deer, Mearn's quail and hoping to draw a Rio or Gould tag here in Arizona for next spring.  Good luck to all what ever their plans maybe.

captin_hook

Trap shooting, groundhog hunting, reloading, scouting for fall turkey.

Jay

It's fishen time with a weeks vacation somewhere doing that. We'll be doing a lot of weekend camp outs with our group that includes fishing, BBQ's, campfires, and Beer. Once Summer is over, I'll be back to remodeling my house.

scoot12

smallmouth bass fishing,  riding the Harley,  cutting food plot and putting up trail cams and getting ready for deer archery season.  Oh and run turkey calls everyday.  Scoot

Wingbone

I typically pine over turkey season for next three months. Then I start looking forward to the hunt trips in the fall, this year is Wyoming Antelope and Montana elk/muley. And hopefully a whitetail or two for the wall here in Tn. Basically whatever I can do to keep my mind occupied till next spring.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

bigredneck61088

Its busy time of the year for work so i'm racking the overtime.... And prepping for a wyoming antelope hunt this fall!!

Borat

Time to make hay and do all the things that I neglected during turkey season  :help:

lonnie sneed jr.

Rip boards for dads calls, work on my calls, bowfish of the eve. and work on my new cabin on weekends, mow and weedeat. I don't like eating weeds. 

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

dirt road ninja

Fish, go to the range, in about 8 weeks I'll start working at the deer lease. Spend too much time on OG. Apply for a fall tag in MS. Play with my bow a little more.

TauntoHawk

Being busy doesn't make me miss it any less. I found myself still driving around with a call in my mouth yesterday.

I will be shooting bow, hanging stands and trail cams, trying to find new bow hunting properties. Shopping for a new turkey gun.

Im sure my moving in June will keep me pretty busy for a good bit of time. Yard work, extra hours at the office, vacation with the wife. Camping and kayaking on nice weekends

I might wind down a little bit but never really come out of turkey mode, shooting a few deer with the bow usually helps though.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

strutstopper

Time to fish, hang out on the river, consume cold beer, bowfish, head to the beach, and in a month or two start putting out trail cams for the deer

Eric Gregg

Fishing
Golf
Vacation
Scouting for deer season
Find a better place to hunt turkeys :character0029:
Youth ministry :mycross:
Work on making slate calls :icon_thumright:

That about sums it up for me.

a-j calls

Keep making calls for orders, it never stops..

barry

Growin' maters and settin' trail cams

tomstopper

Get started on the "honey to do list" and camping with the family.