OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 1100

Started by CntrlPA, May 30, 2012, 06:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CntrlPA

What do you guys think of these guns? I have the opportunity to buy a 3" 12 gauge that left the factory in 1980. The receiver is in very good condition. A synthetic stock has replaced the original wood stock. It comes with a 30" barrel with a full choke. Also comes with a rifled Hastings slug barrel topped with a 4x leupold. All for $399. Worth the money?

Clif Owen

Let me put it this way....a friend of mine bought one back in the 70's. At that time, our duck limit was on a point system. If you were careful and picked your shots, it was possible to kill 10 a day. Kenny hunted every day of it as well as the 3 more months of squirrel season. He shot several cases of shells a year. The total extent of his gun care was to wipe it down every evening with a rag sprayed with WD40.  He shot the gun for 14 years before it hung up the 1st time.....I bought mine during that time because of this.

hunter-b

BrowningGuy88

I have a pair of them. One with a 28" modified and the other with a 30" full. My wife and I shoot them when running deer with dogs.

I would love to get one, cut the barrel to 23" and dip in Original Green Leaf or Full Foliage slap a SumToy in it and a FFIII on top! That ain't happening to the ones I have though.

fallsflight

:z-winnersmiley: You wont be disappointed.  Great gun and good price for sure.