OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Anse Hatfield turkey hunting

Started by Doug, May 29, 2012, 10:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingbone caller

I enjoyed it myself. Even though it was a farm raised bird Anas still did better than I did this year. This year I would have shot it to.

davisd9

My wife and I really enjoyed it.  It was a shame what the families went through and should teach us to follow God's true word and not just make up what we think the Bible should say and not follow religion, but what the Bible says.  It is not always easy to forgive always, but God gave us forgiveness through the death of his son so we should be able to give forgiveness through our words and actions.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SinGin

It helps if you have a wife googling it on her Kindel Fire while you watch it.

PANYHunter

I really enjoyed it. I just watched the documentary the history channel about on the feud and it seemed like the series was accurate to actual noted events. I do have to say that the turkey hunting scene was more realistic than the one on Duck Dynasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Doug on May 31, 2012, 10:35:19 PM
Quote from: SinGin on May 31, 2012, 04:06:11 PM
Kind of hard to follow up to that, but I can't believe they let Cotton Head die. That was just wrong

I didn't like the fact that Cotton Top died either.  I have to admit, although I liked the rest, I didn't really care for the ending.  I guess I'm just too used to the typical "movie ending." 
The movie accurately protrayed incidents that really happened. Cotton Top was hanged. What is amazing to me  is the "originator's" of the feud both lived long lives and died old men!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

turkey slayer

dlquinn

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on June 03, 2012, 05:29:12 PM
The movie accurately protrayed incidents that really happened. Cotton Top was hanged. What is amazing to me  is the "originator's" of the feud both lived long lives and died old men!
[/quote]

From what I saw it was Vance (Hatfield side) and Kline (McCoy side) stiring the pot up more than Devil Anse or Randel....those two guys were in the ear of both family patriarch's and kept things stirred up. Take those two out and that fued might not have went on as long as it did.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT